The British Council has released notification calling out applicants to apply for the scholarship in order to study abroad. The scholarship amount to be given by the council is worth £3,000 so that the students can pursue their studies abroad.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- The student should be of 18 years or above
- The student should be a citizen of the country they are applying from
- The student should have taken IELTS with British Council between January 2019 and February 2020
- The student should have an overall IELTS band score of 5 or above
- The student should be applying for a first-year under/graduate degree in Fall 2020/Spring 2021
- The student should be applying to an institution that requires IELTS as part of its admission process
The organization expects the students to write a personal statement of 500 words which gives them a chance to pen down their story which is a crucial part in the selection process. This personal statement should include the reasons regarding your interest for applying for this scholarship. It should also include how your studies will make a difference in your life and that of others
HOW TO APPLY?
- The interested student should visit this link ieltsprize.takeielts.britishcouncil.org
- After visiting this link, the candidates need to click on ‘Apply Now.’
- After this, the candidates need to sign up and then start filling up the scholarship application form
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
ABOUT THE BRITISH COUNCIL
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The organisation works with over 100 countries in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year the British Council reached over 80 million people directly and 791 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications.
The organisation makes a positive contribution to the countries it works with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. Founded in 1934 the British Council is a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body and receive a 15 per cent core funding grant from the UK government. britishcouncil.org