Police constables in the state of Bihar are selected by a commission that is set up under the Government of Bihar. This commission is known as the Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC).
This Board has been invested with the authority to conduct written examinations for the selection of police constables followed by physical fitness tests.
By evaluation of these tests, the CSBC comes out with the merit list for capable and eligible candidates.
All information and notifications regarding the vacancy and recruitment for Bihar police constables are available on the official website of CSBC.
CSBC had announced the 2019 recruitment drive for Bihar police constable in October, with the applications beginning from 5th October 2019.
|Last Date for Application||7th November 2019|
This recruitment drive will fill up a total of 11,880 posts across different categories. The division for the category-wise vacancy is as follows –
- General: 4778
- BC: 1419
- EBC: 2129
- EWS: 1188
- BC (Female): 354
- SC: 1893
- ST: 119
Originally, the last date for the application for the Bihar constable post was set as 4th November 2019 by the CSBC.
However, according to a recent notification by the Central Selection Board of Constable, the last date of application stands extended.
The applications will remain open from 5th November to 7th November 2019, after which no more applications will be accepted.
Thus, if an eligible candidate is yet to apply, they must make use of this opportunity. Here are the steps for the application process which will guide the candidates effectively –
- Step-1 : Log on to the official website of Bihar CSBC, which is http://csbc.bih.nic.in/
- Step-2 : On the homepage, under the section of Bihar police, click on the Advertisement number 02/2019, the link for which reads, “Invitation of Online Application for selection of Constables in Bihar Police, BMP, SIRB and BSISB.”
- Step-3 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page. New candidates will first have to register themselves on the website. For this, they must choose the ‘Registration’ option.
- Step-4 : After the registration, click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ option. To open the application form, candidates will be prompted to fill in their registration details.
- Step-5 : Once all the details have been filled up meticulously, candidates will be required to upload some important documents. While uploading these, candidates must be careful with the size of the documents.
- Step-6 : Proceed for the payment process after the completion of all necessary steps. Candidates belonging to General/OBC/EWS categories have to pay an amount of Rs 450/- whereas candidates from other categories have to pay an amount of Rs 112/-
- Step-7 : Submit the application and take a printout of the form to save it as a hardcopy.
The official notification and any other details that the candidates might be looking for are available on the official website of Bihar CSBC.