Bank of Baroda or BOB is the second most reputed public sector bank in India. It is an Indian Worldwide, government sector banking, and financial services company. It has approximately 9583 branches all over India and worldwide. Those who are interested in the Banking sector job dream of working with Bank of Baroda.
Bank of Baroda has recently released the recruitment notification for the post of Specialist Officer in Scale I and Scale III as Manager IT and Senior Manager IT. Those interested would be required to fill the application form through online mode and pay the application fee through online mode only. The candidate should possess the essential required educational qualification. The selection process of BOB includes the written test or the computer-based online test, psychometric test, or skill test, which will be followed by group discussion and personal interview.
Candidates should know the vacancy details of Bank of Baroda, the total number of vacancies for Specialist IT officers is 35 posts which are as follows:-
- Manager IT (Unix Administrator) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (Linux Administrator) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (Windows Administrator) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (SQL) Administrator – 2 Posts
- Manager IT (Oracle Administrator) – 2 Posts
- Manager IT (Network Administration) – 2 Posts
- Manager IT (Middleware Administrator Web Sphere) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (Middleware Administrator Web Logic) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (Data Center administration -Building Management System) – 2 Posts
- Manager IT (ETL Developer) – 1 Post
- Manager IT (Software Developer – 5 Posts
- Manager IT (Finacle Developer) – 6 Posts
- Senior Manager-IT (System Administrator) – 2 Posts
- Senior Manager IT (ETL Developer) – 1 Post
- Senior Manager IT (Software Developer) – 2 Posts
- Senior Manager IT(Finacle Developer) – 5 Posts
The application process for these posts begin on 13th July 2019, and the last date of submission of the application form is 02nd August 2019. Those who are interested should check the critical requirement and fees for the posts which is as follows:-
- For the position of Manager IT, candidates should have B.E/B. Tech degree computer science or information technology or electronics and communications from a recognized university with the minimum marks of 60% and 55% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD.
- For the post of Senior Manager IT (System Administrator), candidates should have a minimum score of 60% in B.E/B.Tech degree computer science or information technology or electronics and communications from a recognized university or MCA from a recognized university along with the six years of relevant experience.
- The age limit for Manager IT post is 25 to 32 years, and for Senior Manager IT posts are 28 to 35 years.
- The application fee for the general and OBC candidates is INR 600 plus taxes and for SC/ST/PwD is INR 100 plus taxes.
All those candidates who are shortlisted as per the educational qualification and other criteria will appear for the written test and the psychometric test. Those who will clear the written test will look for the group discussion and the personal interview round. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in both the rounds.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for Bank of Baroda Specialist officer Recruitment
Candidates can follow the below steps to apply online for the required post in Bank of Baroda:-
- They would need to visit the official website of Bank of Baroda.
- Then click on the careers and visit the current opportunities link
- Candidates should fill the personal details and post they are applying for carefully.
- The relevant documents would also need to be uploaded on the link itself.
- Candidates should verify all the details before the final submission
- Now the candidates can submit the application form and pay the application fee through any of the online modes.
Once the candidate has successfully applied for the posts in Bank of Baroda, they should start preparing themselves for the written test. It is essential to know the exam pattern of BOB, which is as follows:-
- The total duration of the written examination will be of 2 hours.
- The question paper will consist of four sections, and they are reasoning, English language, quantitative aptitude, and professional language.
- The number of questions for each of the parts will be 50 and marks for the reasoning section will be 50, the English language will be 25, Quantitative aptitude will be 50 and 75 marks for the professional language.
- This means the paper will have 200 questions with total marks of 200.
The result for the written test will be released on the official website of the Bank. Candidates should regularly check the website to know the latest update. Those who will clear the written examination will be called for the group discussion and personal interview round. These both rounds are often considered difficult; therefore, thorough preparation is required by the candidate. They should prepare themselves for the banking related questions and other technical questions as per the posts.