The All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) is one of the topmost national medical research and educational institutes in India with branches in a number of cities, the New Delhi centre being the oldest. AIIMS has released an official notification and has opened its portal inviting applications for its PG courses which are to begin from January 2020.
AIIMS has begun the application and registration process for its PG (postgraduate) courses which include MD, MS, DM, MCh and MDS. All interested candidates can apply to any of these courses online, on the official website of AIIMS which is www.aiimsexams.org. The online registration process which has already begun has 11th of October, 2019 as its final date and applications are welcome from now till then up to 5.00 p.m.
Reportedly, the AIIMS PG courses entrance examination is set to be held on the 17th of November 2019 (Sunday). Here is a series of steps that students may follow to quickly register and apply online-
- Step 1- Go to the official website of AIIMS- aiimsexams.org
- Step 2- On the home page of the website look for an option that says ‘MD/MS/Mch (6 years)/DM (6 years) course’ and click on it.
- Step 3- On the new page that appears, enter your registration details which include your registration Id, registration unique code and your password.
- Step 4- The form will appear on your screen. Fill it up very carefully without making any errors which may be problematic later on.
- Step 5- Now pay the application fee online with the mode of your convenience.
- Step 6- Finally, click on ‘Submit’ to complete your application procedure.
It is important for students to note that they must not upload photos of any documents whatsoever during the registration or the application except for their passport size photo and a couple of other things that are mentioned.
The entrance examination will be a single paper of three hours duration (9.00 am to 12.00 pm) in English. The examination will be conducted in one shift only across 68 cities all over India. The test will be based online with objective, multiple-choice type questions. There shall be a total of 200 questions to be answered, and the results will be determined by the ranking of percentiles.
The application fee for students belonging to the general category is Rs. 1500 while for those from the SC and ST it is Rs. 1200. Another very important thing before filling up the application form is to go through the eligibility criteria stipulated by AIIMS because only one meets the eligibility requirements can one apply for the courses.