XAT abbreviated as Xavier Aptitude Test. It is a National Level MBA entrance exam conducted by Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI). XAT is the first step for applying for XLRI and XAT associate institutes. XLRI has been conducting XAT for more than 60 years. This year XAT will be conducted on 6th January 2019 on ‘first Sunday of the year. The timing of the exam will be 10 am to 1 pm. Application and registrations have already started from 20th December.
Who can apply?
The candidate must have at least 3 years of a graduate degree. Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply for this exam. There is no age bar for this exam. NRI students can also apply using their valid GMAT scores. However, candidates of Dubai and Kathmandu can either appear in XAT 2019 or apply through their GMAT scores.
Where to apply?
Candidates can apply on the official website of XLRI www.xatonline.in.
Points to consider before applying:
- Candidates must apply using one of the following browsers as other browsers are not compatible with the official website of XLRI and can cause conflicts during the registration process. Suggested browsers are
Make sure to use the latest version of the browser for the smooth process.
- Candidates are advised to keep original copies of the certificates of class 10th, class 12th and bachelor’s degree.
- Students who are in the final year of bachelor’s degree must get a bonafide certificate from their college.
- Candidates must have a soft copy of their recent passport size colored photograph. The background of the photograph must be of light or white color. The size of the photograph must be between 20KB- 50KB and dimensions must be 200 X 230 pixels. The face of the candidate should be clear in the photograph and it should match with the identity card, otherwise, the application can get rejected.
- Candidates should also have a soft copy of the original signature. The size should be kept between 10KB-20KB and dimensions 140X60 pixels is preferable. Signature with capital letters is not acceptable. Size should be done on the plain white paper with black or blue ink.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply by clicking on the “registration tab” and filling details like name, date of birth, contacts details and email address on the official website.
*Make sure to use a valid email address and working contact number for future communication and don’t forget to save login id and password to check results.
- After registration, a password will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id. Go to the login page and enter using your email id and password.
- Make sure to fill your personal details correctly. For example, the spelling of father’s and mother’s names should be same as on the official documents.
- Add address for future communication.
- Upload photograph and signature. After clicking on Save & Continue candidate will move to the next page.
- Add academic details correctly. Fill aggregate marks obtained marks and total marks. Also mention board name for 10th and 12th and university/ college name for the graduate degree. Calculate score using respective college’s guidelines in case of CGPA score.
- After clicking on Save & Continue, candidates will have to fill work experience, if applicable. For XLRI GMP programme, the candidates must have experience of minimum 5 years
- After that candidates will be asked for course choice. The candidate would have to select one course among General Management Programme (GMP), Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM). Here candidates will also have to select test Centre for online examination.
- Next candidates will have to pay the application fee online. Candidate will have to pay Rs 1700 and Rs 300 per XLRI programme. In case of delayed applications, candidates will have to pay late fees of Rs 2000 and Rs 500 per XLRI programme.
- After that click on submit. Before submission makes sure to recheck application. Because the application cannot be corrected once submitted.
- Print application confirmation for future use.
- Candidates are requested to select the test center carefully from the options provided. While every attempt will be made to provide the test center of the candidates’ choice, in case the test center of choice is not provided, the candidate will have to appear at the test center allotted.
- Candidates should keep in mind that they should reach the test center at least 1 hour prior to the exam. Late entry will not be entertained in any circumstances.
- Candidates should not carry a mobile phone, calculator, digital watch in the examination hall. If found may lead to the cancellation of candidature.
Click Here To Discuss XAT 2019 Exam With Fellow Aspirants.