Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2019 Dates Released by National Testing Agency
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance examination for entry into M.Pharm programmes. Till 2018, it was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. GPAT will now be conducted by the NTA.
This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score.
GPAT 2019 Schedule
|Mode of examination: Computer based|
|Registration dates||1st November to 30th November 2018|
|Downloading of admit cards||7th Jan 2019|
|Date of examinations||28th Jan 2019|
|Date of announcing results||10th Feb 2019|
GPAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The GPAT is a three hour long computer based online test which is conducted in a single session.
- Exam Mode – Online
- Exam Duration – 3 hours
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Questions – 125 (As of 2018 exam)
- Maximum Marks – 500 (As of 2018 exam)
GPAT Marking Scheme
- Marks per question – Each question will carry 4 marks (As of 2018 exam)
- Negative marking – One mark will be deducted from the total score for every wrong response. (As of 2018 exam)
GPAT 2019 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
- B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology) / Equivalent Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.