Based on the inputs I have received from people who have already been interviewed, I have compiled a list of general questions that are being asked. I will be regularly updating this post with more questions I receive as inputs so book mark this post so that you can return for more:
1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
2. Please walk me through your profile.
3. We have gone through all that you have put in to your application. Beyond this is there anything that you would like to tell us to start this off?
4. If you are given a minute to describe yourself what would you have to say?
5. Let's get straight to the point... Why MBA?, Why Now? And Why from IIM B?
The first serious Question (Why MBA?):
1. So you would like to become a XXX after your MBA. Tell us what stands between you and your goal besides the MBA.
2. Your Goal of becoming a XXX does not warrant an investment of 35 L. Why do you think you need an MBA?
3. From what you are doing now to your dream job as an XXX looks like a hell of a transmission. What makes you think an MBA from IIM B will help you make this transition?
4. What qualifies you today to aspire for your dream job after the MBA?
5. When did you first start thinking of doing an MBA? What took you so long?
6. You seem to be doing so well for yourself in your current job. Why do you want to do an MBA?
7. In terms of years, how many will you save if you move towards your Goal with an MBA?
The Meaty middle (Engineering Dissonance in your mind):
1. What if I say that I do not agree with you about your requirement for an MBA at this juncture of your life?
2. Why cannot you try for a job of a XXX now?
3. Have you tried getting to your Goal without this MBA? What is coming in your way?
4. Do you enjoy your job? (after you say yes) Then why are you quitting?
5. What has stopped you from doing an MBA till now?
The Questions that will help you score (Work profile related questions - besides the ones which are very specific):
1. Tell us a little more about your current role?
2. What are the challenges your company is facing?
3. If you were given a free hand in running your company for a few days, what would be your agenda for change?
4. I recently read about XXX (your company) in the papers. What is the inside story? (Was asked to an HUL candidate about the pesticides found in Tea sold by HUL)
5. XXX (your company) has been know to take a stance on issues related to YYY (certain issue) why have they become silent all of a sudden? (Was asked to a candidate from Essar about their tiff with Greenpeace)
Difficult to tackle:
1. Have you applied to other schools as well?
Principal Consultant Hash & CMO Felecidade Villa