The official notification for UPTET is to be expected in the second week of September 2019. Candidates with a graduate degree or relevant teacher training/diploma can apply. UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test) is organized by the UPBEB (Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board) for the recruitment of primary and upper primary level teachers in various schools of the state. However, the official UPTET notification is expected to be released in the second week of September 2019.
The provisional date for UPTET 2019 is October 18, 2019. Interested and aspiring candidates can apply for the examination online through the official website of the UPBEB: www.upbasiceduboard.gov.in. Over 5 lakh candidates are expected to appear for the UPTET 2019. Candidates qualifying the UPTET examination will be eligible to apply for primary and upper primary teacher jobs for various schools in Uttar Pradesh. The qualified candidates will be issued UPTET Eligibility Certificate that will be considered to be valid for 5 years.
UPTET 2019: Eligibility Criteria
The common eligibility criteria for both primary and upper primary level applicants is that the applicant should be 18 – 35 years of age.
Educational qualification for UPTET Primary Teachers
The applicants aspiring to teach for classes 1-5 should have any one of the following educational qualifications.
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least an aggregate of 50% marks and 2 years Diploma (D.Ed) from N.C.T.E/ RCI.
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least an aggregate of 50% marks and 2 years B.T.C., C.T. (Nursery)/ Nursery Teacher Training (NTT)
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least an aggregate of 50% marks and qualification in Special B.T.C. Training
Educational qualification for UPTET Upper Primary Teachers
The applicants aspiring to teach for classes 6 to 8 should the following educational qualifications.
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least an aggregate of 50% marks, and B.T.C from National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) approved institute.
UPTET 2019: How to apply
The application for the UPTET 2019 is expected to be available in the last week of September 2019. Interested candidates should fill the application form online through the official website of UPBEB. Applicants can follow the below-mentioned steps to apply online for UPTET 2019.
- Step 1: You need to log on to the official website of UPBEB: upbasiceduboard.gov.in
- Step 2: Find and click on the link ‘UPTET 2019 application form.’
- Step 3: Fill the application form with the required information and submit the form to proceed further
- Step 4: Upload the images of the required documents
- Step 5: Once done with the registration, make the payment for the examination fees
- Step 6: Upon successful payment of the fees, download and print the application form for future use
The UPTET examination is classified into two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates applying to teach for classes 1 to 5 will be appearing for the Paper 1 while the candidates applying to teach for classes 6 to 8 will be appearing for the Paper 2. Both the papers will have multiple choice questions only, and there is no negative marking.