TSPSC 2019 Exam Information
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) is conducted to recruit applicants for civil service jobs in Telangana. It is a constitutional body established under 315 of Constitution of India to select the applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian State of Telangana. It was created to select the applicants for civil service jobs according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation and it provides an efficient and smooth functioning of the Government of Telangana by providing eligible candidates and advise them on various services matters like formulation of Recruitment Rules, advise on promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. Following are the details regarding the TSPSC Group 1 examination which will include the important dates for the exam, eligibility criteria, registration, and exam pattern, admit card, syllabus, result, and cut off.
TSPSC 2019 Exam Date
The candidates should always be aware of the important dates and should regularly check the official website of the Telangana State Public Service Commission. All the updates are uploaded on the official website itself. Candidates should be aware of the important dates and the entire schedule of TSPSC to remain updated and not to miss the important events. The application process for the TSPSC Group 1 exam will start from the month of February 2019 and it will continue till the month of March 2019.
The important dates are as follows:-
|Particulars||Important dates (Tentative)|
|Release of notification||February 2019|
|Starting of the application process||February 2019|
|End date for the application process||March 2019|
|Admit card for preliminary examination||7 days prior to the exam|
|Preliminary Exam date||May 2019|
|Preliminary exam result||July 2019|
|The date for submission of applications for the candidates shortlisted for the mains exam||August 2019|
|Admit for mains exam||7 days prior to the exam|
|Mains exam||September 2019|
|Mains exam result||November 2019|
|Interview date||December 2019|
|The announcement of the final list of the shortlisted candidates||January 2019|
TSPSC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that the candidates should know the eligibility criteria as if the candidates don’t meet the eligibility criteria then they will not be considered for the selection process. It is important to note the following eligibility criteria:-
|Minimum age||18 years|
|Maximum age||34 years|
The age relaxation for the candidates willing to appear for the TSPSC examinations will be provided as per the government norms. Following are the upper age limit relaxation details for the TSPSC Group 1 posts:
|OBC & SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|PH(Physically Handicapped) candidates||10 years|
|NCC instructors||3 years|
|AP Government employees||5 years ( APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc employees will not be eligible)|
|Retrenched temporary employees||3 years (with a minimum of 6 months service for the Retrenched temporary employees)|
TSPSC 2019 Registration
Telangana Government has asked unemployed candidates to register themselves in TSPSC One time Registration. Those who are residing in the Telangana State should do the TSPSC OTR registration to get notifications and apply online from the official website. The government has taken many tremendous changes after the bifurcation from State Andhra Pradesh and makes plans to develop the state in all ways and all organizations. One of the main challenges is to reduce the unemployment rate in Telangana State. It would be easy for the candidates to apply for the Telangana Government Jobs and to get the TSPSC notifications.
Candidates would need to carefully read the user guide before applying for the TSPSC 2019 group 1 application form. Candidates should follow the subsequent steps to complete the application form:-
Step 1 –Candidates would need to go to the official website and fill the OTR application. Once the candidates register successfully then they will receive an ID with the password.
Step 2 – Candidates would need to fill the application and click on the notification number and name.
Step 3 –To proceed further candidates would need to enter the TSPSC ID along with the date of birth.
Step 4 –Candidates would then need to verify the details such as educational qualification, Aadhar Number, caste etc. Candidates can click yes if the details displayed on the screen are correct and would need to click on NO and update the correct information along with the documents.
Step 5 – Candidate can select five venues from the given list of exam centers.
Step 6 – Candidates has to fill in the accepting declaration and complete the application form.
Step 7 – Candidates should preview and edit the application before the final submission and check all the details carefully.
Step 8 –Candidates can click on submit after checking all the details in the application form.
Step 9 – Candidates would then need to submit the fees through online payment mode. However, It should be noted that the fees would not be refunded under any circumstances.
Step 10 – A PDF file would be generated once the candidates have made the payment and candidates should take the print out of that form for the future references.
The application fee for all the candidates will be updated once the official notification is out.
TSPSC 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are willing to appear for the TSPSC Group 1 exams should go through the following process to get shortlisted for the posts:
- Preliminary examination: The preliminary examination for TSPSC Group 1 examination will be of objective type questions. Following is the exam pattern for the preliminary exam:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total marks||Time duration|
|General studies & mental ability||150||150||150 minutes i.e. 2.30 hours|
The prelims exam will be a screening test with General Studies and Mental Ability subject. Prelims exam is to shortlist the candidates for appearing for the mains examination.
- Mains examination: The mains exam will be conducted as a written examination for a total of 900 marks and it will be a qualifying test. The first part will be the General English for 3-hour duration with 150 marks. Following is the exam pattern for the mains exam:
|Paper||Subjects||Total marks||Time duration|
|I||General Essay||150||3 hours|
|II||History, Culture, and Geography||150||3 hours|
|III||Indian Society, Governance and Constitution||150||3 hours|
|IV||Economy and Development||150||3 hours|
|V||Science & Technology and Data Interpretation||150||3 hours|
|VI||Telangana Movement & State Formation||150||3 hours|
TSPSC 2019 Syllabus
It is highly recommended that the candidates should know the syllabus before preparing for the examination. The detailed syllabus for both the Prelims and Mains exam are as follows:
TSPSC Group 1 Prelims exam syllabus:
General Science: The topics to be covered in this topic are: Current events of national and international importance, world geography and geography of India, history of India and AP/ Telangana, Indian & AP/ Telangana polity and Indian & AP/ Telangana Economy.
Mental Ability: The topics covered under this topic are: Disaster management, General knowledge, and Reasoning & inference.
TSPSC Group 1 Mains exam syllabus:
In this phase, the eligibility test on General English will be for 150 marks. The other papers in the mains exam will be conducted for the candidates who qualify in General English only. The marks scored in the English paper will not be considered for the final selection. The topics for this part include spotting errors, jumbled sentences, précis writing, comprehension, letter writing, fill in the blanks and re-writing sentences.
Syllabus for Paper 1 exam:
General Essay: Indian political, Indian history, cultural issues, education, current national issues, and human resources.
|Dynamics of Indian politics||Developments in science and technology|
|Education and human resource development||The issue of economic growth and justice|
Syllabus for Paper 2 exam:
History, Cultural and Geography: cultural heritage & history of India with reference to the modern period, Geography of India & Telangana, and Cultural heritage & history of Telangana.
|Indus and Vedic civilizations||The establishment of British colonial rule in India|
|The advent of Islam and its impact on Indian society||Anti-British uprisings|
|Medieval Telangana and the emergence of composite culture||History and ancient culture of Telangana|
|People movement against Nizam’s rule||Socio-cultural awaking in Telangana|
Syllabus for Paper 3 exam:
The topics included in this paper are the Indian constitution, social movements, Indian society, Governance, structure, and issues.
|Indian society, issues, society and social movements||Governance|
|Constitution of India|
Syllabus for Paper 4 exam:
The topics for this paper are Telangana economy, Indian economy and development, and the Environment & development process.
Syllabus for Paper 5 exam:
The topics are the role and impact of science & technology, data interpretation & problem-solving and modern trends in the application of knowledge in science.
Syllabus for Paper 6 exam:
The topics for the last part of the mains exam are the formation of Telangana state, mobilization phase, and Telangana movement.
TSPSC 2019 Admit Card
The Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) will release the admit card before the examination. The admit card or the hall ticket is necessary for all the candidates to carry on the day of examination as they would not be allowed to enter without the admit card. The admit card will be released on the official website of the TSPSC. It should be noted that the admit card would not be sent to the candidate’s address and they would need to download from the official website. The admit card will be downloaded seven days before the beginning of the examination.
Candidates can follow the below steps to download the TSPSC Hall ticket:-
- Candidates would need to visit the official website of the TSPSC
- They would then need to click on the link for hall ticket download for the notification numbers
- Candidates would need to enter the TSPSC ID and Date of Birth and click on the go button
- Now the admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates should download the admit card and take the print out of the same for the future references.
The examination is conducted in various exam centers and candidates can select up to 5 exam centers while filling the application form. The exam centers chosen by the candidates during the application process cannot be changed further. The list of Exam Centres is as follows:
TSPSC 2019 Result
Telangana State Public Service Commission will announce the results for the prelims and mains exam separately on its official website tentatively in the month of July and November 2019 for both Prelims and Mains exam respectively. Once the results are released, the candidates can follow the below steps to download the result:-
- Candidates would need to visit the official website of TSPSC
- Candidates would then need to click on the TSPSC Group 1 Merit list for notification link which is given on the home page
- Candidates would need to enter the hall ticket and click on the result
- The result will be displayed on the screen and the candidates can download and take the print out for the future reference.
- It will display the individual rank and other details of the TSPSC Group 1 result.
With the tough competition, candidates should be fully prepared for the examinations. There are thousands of people who apply for the various posts and there are limited numbers of seats available. The results will be announced containing the name and the roll numbers of the selected candidates. So the candidates should follow the below tips to prepare better for the examination:-
- Candidates should take the mock test regularly to know strength and weakness.
- Candidates should refer to the books like LUCENT, NCERT, PRATIYOGITA DARPAN, MANORAMA for deep knowledge and revision.
- Candidates must have full knowledge of Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates should have the knowledge of General Studies like history, polity, geography, technology and much more.
- The best part of this exam is that there is no negative marking so the candidates can solve all the questions in their own time.
- Candidates should solve last year question papers so that they are prepared for the pattern and know how to solve within the time limit of the exam.
- Some of the books that the candidates can refer are Kiran’s Telangana General Studies Book, TSPSC General Studies and Mental Ability, Telangana Socio-Economic Survey 2018, General Studies for TSPSC examinations, Telangana General Knowledge and many more.
- Candidates should also read the general newspaper and the state newspaper for all the updates.
- Candidates should not forget the importance of Self-Discipline, Focus, and Systematic preparation to crack the group examinations.
- It is better if the candidates make the schedule and stick to it on the daily basis. The earlier the preparation the better the results would be, candidates would need to be consistent.
Candidates should also know the qualifying marks to be selected for the many posts announced by the Telangana State. The TSPSC cut off marks is based on the number of candidates attempted examinations and the number of accurate questions attempted. The cut off marks are extremely important in choosing the deserving candidates for the posts. The various factors that affect the cut off marks are as follows:-
- The number of candidates attempting the exam
- The number of vacancies available
- Cut off might be changed according to the certain reservation rules by the Government.
- The difficulty level of the exam
The cut off the list will be prepared as per the marks and reservation rules and it will be published on the TSPSC official website. The official cutoff will be released after the result announcement.