NIACL AO 2019 Exam Information
NIACL AO (New India Assurance Company Limited) is a Mumbai based company. It is one of the five assurance companies which owns by the Government of India. NIACL is the largest general insurance company on the basis of the large premium collection. NIACL was founded in the year 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata and it was nationalised in 1973. NIACL formerly was a subsidiary of GIC (General Insurance Corporation of India), but as per the IRDA act 1999 when GIC became re-insurance company, its four leading subsidiaries got autonomy.
The four subsidiaries of GIC which got autonomy after IRDA act 1999 was New India Assurance, United India Assurance, Oriental Insurance, National Insurance. The New India Assurance serves both in India and Foreign countries. It has collaborated with some of the famous public sector banks of India like CBI, SBI, Corporation bank and united western bank to expand its distribution network.
NIACL conducts the exam to recruit the Administrative officer in its various branches across the country. There are about 312 vacancies for the post of AO. Working with NIACL is a matter of prestige and honour for any aspirants who like this field. The NIACL AO job has a lot of perks, a handsome salary, and other allowances. The salary will increase rapidly along with the career path.
The NIACL accepts the application from all the interested aspirants. Fresher can also apply for the NIACL AO recruitment 2018. It would be a great opportunity for the aspirants who are willing to join in the insurance field. The candidates who are willing to apply for the exam can check the official website for the details. The candidates are asked to satisfy all the criteria before applying for the exam.
NIACL AO 2019 Exam Date
The aspirants who are applying for the exam should know all the important dates like notification date, application submit date, exam date, result date etc. The candidates should not have any confusion regarding the dates. Any changes will be updated on the official website thereafter.
|Serial number||Activity||Important dates|
|1||Notification released on||5th December 2018|
|2||The Release of the application form of NIACL AO||10th December 2018|
|3||Last date to submit the filled application form||26th December 2018|
|4||Commencement of phase 1-online exam||30th January 2019|
|5||Commencement of phase 2- online exam||2nd March 2019|
|6||Admit card||To be updated|
|7||Result||To be updated|
NIACL AO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are applying for the exam of NIACL AO must fulfill the eligibility criteria that are given. The candidates who fail fulfill the eligibility criteria their application will be rejected by the authorities. All the candidates are supposed to follow the instructions given:
A candidate applying for the exam must be either
- citizen of India,
- subject to Nepal, or
- subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan outcast who approached India before January 1962 with the aim of all time settling in India, or
- an individual of Indian origin who has moved from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Tibetan, Ethiopia, Zaire with the goal of all time settling in India.
Given a competitor having a place with the classes (b), (c), (d) and (e) will be an individual in whose support, a testament of qualification has been issued by the Government.
Under the NIACL AO, the age limit for the candidates should be minimum 21 years of age and maximum of 30 years of age (as on 1.12.2018)
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd December 1998 and not later than 1st December 1997 (both dates inclusive)
NIACL AO 2019 Registration
The application form of NIACL AO will be available on the website from 10th December 2018. The application for the exam will only be accepted online and the candidates cannot apply from any other means. The online application form is available in the official website www.newindia.co.in
The following are the steps to follow for applying for the NIACL AO exam:
- Open the official website newindia.co.in
- Click on the link for recruitment button.
- Click on the new registration button and enter the name, contact details, and e-mail id.
- The provisional registration number and password will be generated and will be displayed on the screen.
- Note down the registration number and password. An E-mail and SMS will also be sent indicating the registration number and password.
- The name of the candidate/ father name/ e-mail id should be spelled correctly in the application and should be the same as it appears in the certificate as well.
- Validate the details and save the application by clicking on the validate the details and save and the next button on the screen
- Upload the photo and signature as per the guidelines are given.
- The photograph should be a recent coloured passport size photo. The dimensions should be 200*230 pixels (preferred).
- The size should be between 20kb-50kb.
- For signature upload, the resolution should be to a minimum of 200dpi.
- The image file should be JPG/JPEG format. And JPEG format the signature should not exceed 20kb.
NIACL AO 2019 Exam Pattern
In this, we will see about the updated exam pattern of NIACL AO 2018. To have a proper idea of the latest exam pattern is essential for the preparation of the exam and in the right way. The NIACL AO exam will be conducted in 3 phases.
Phase 1- preliminary exam(objective)
Phase 2- mains exam(objective and descriptive)
NIACL AO exam pattern for preliminary:
The phase 1 online exam will be conducted for a total of 100 marks. The sectional time of 20 minutes has been introduced in each section. The detailed exam pattern for prelims is given as follows.
|Name of the test||Maximum marks||Duration||Medium of the exam|
|Reasoning ability||35||20 minutes||English/Hindi|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||20 minutes||English/Hindi|
|English language||35||20 minutes||English|
The candidates have to qualify in each section by securing passing marks to be decided by the company.
An adequate number of aspirants in each category as decided by the company (approximately 15 times the number of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the main examination.
There will be 1/4th negative marking assigned to each wrong question marked by the aspirants.
NIACL AO exam pattern for the Main examination:
The main exam will consist of objective type questions for 200 marks and descriptive test for 30 marks.
Both the objective and main will be conducted online.
Immediately after the completion of objective type, the descriptive test will start.
NIACL AO 2019 Syllabus
The candidates are asked to go through the syllabus carefully before starting the preparation. The candidates will know about the important topics, chapters, subjects that are important for the exam.
The syllabus for the preliminary test is as follows:
|Quantitative aptitude||Data interpretation, number series, simplification/ approximation, quantity based problems, quadratic equations, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, percentage and averages, mixtures and allegations, boats and streams, pipes and cisterns, simple and compound interest, time, and distance, time, work and wages, permutation and combination, probability|
|Reasoning Ability||Seating arrangements-circular, linear, square, puzzles, syllogism, coding and decoding, input and output, order and ranking, blood relations, alphanumeric series, number series, alphabet series, direction based questions, logical reasoning, data sufficiency, inequalities(direct and coded)|
|English language||Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, cloze test, sentence correction, new pattern error spotting, error spotting, sentence improvement, Para summary, Para jumbles, odd one out, Para completion.|
|General Awareness||Banking, insurance, and financial awareness, static GK, Current affairs of last 5-6 months.|
NIACL AO 2019 Admit Card
The candidates have to carry the admit card for the exam hall as it is an important document. The candidates can follow the instructions given below to download the admit card of NIACL AO 2018:
- Visit the official website of NIACL newindia.co.in.
- Press the link provided to download the NIACL AO admit card.
- Enter the registration number of NIACL AO and Date of birth.
- Press the submit button.
- NIACL AO admit card/ hall ticket will appear on the screen.
- Then click on the download button.
- Take the printout of the admit card and save it for future use.
Important dates for admit card for NIACL AO
|Serial no||Events||Important dates|
|1||Hall tickets will be available from||Updated soon|
|2||Last date to download the admit card||Updated soon|
|3||NIACL AO exam phase 1||30th January 2019|
|4||NIACL AO exam phase 2||2nd March 2019|
Details that are mentioned in the NIACL AO 2018 Admit card:
- Applicants/candidates name
- Date of birth
- Name of the parents/ guardian
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Exam date and time
- Examination name
- Exam centre address and code
- Photograph and signature
- Signature of the authority
- Important instructions for the exam
NIACL AO 2019 Result
The result will be announced by the NIACL. The result can be checked by the candidates who have appeared for the exam. The result will be published by NIACL on the official website. The company will post the selected candidates to the offices throughout India.
Steps to check the result of NIACL AO exam:
- Visit the official website newindia.co.in.
- Login with the credentials such as registration number/application number/ password/ date of birth etc.
- The rank card/ result will appear on the screen.
- Save and take printout of the result for future reference.
The details mentioned in the result are as follows:
- Name of the candidate.
- Roll number.
- Sectional and overall cut off marks of NIACL AO.
- Sectional and overall cut off obtained by the candidate.
- Qualifying status.
Selection procedure of NIACL AO:
The candidates who clear both the overall and sectional cut off for prelims will be eligible to appear for the mains exam. The descriptive test will be evaluated only for those candidates who clear the sectional and overall cut off of NIACL AO mains objective test.
The descriptive test is just qualifying in nature. The candidates who clear both the objective and descriptive exams will be called for the interview.
The final selection will be based on the consolidated marks of the candidates in mains (objective) and the interview. The weight age of online main exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
If two or more candidates obtain the same qualifying marks then they will be ranked according to their age in descending order. If the date of birth is also the same then with the higher marks in qualifying degree will be considered.
The interview will be conducted in select centres. The centre, address, time and date will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter.
NIACL AO Cutoff
The candidates can check the cut off in the official website. The cut off is the minimum marks required for qualifying in the exam.
The previous year cut off is as follows:
Category wise cut off for the previous year:
Sectional wise cut off for the previous year: