Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) functioning under the Ministry of Defence has the responsibility of carrying out military research and development. It aims to research ways in which development can be brought about in the defence forces. DRDO requires strong administrative personnel for functioning efficiently. Thus, it often carried out various recruitment drives to fill up vacancies in the organisation.
One of the exams conducted by DRDO is the DRDO CEPTAM exam. DRDO CEPTAM is a national examination, conducted by a body called the Centre of Personnel Talent Management. This body conducts the exam for the recruitment of various Technical, Administrative and Allied (A&A) Non-Gazetted personnel.
DRDO had invited application for various A&A posts. There were a total of 224 vacancies for these posts. Some of the posts for which the exam is being conducted include the following –
- Stenographer Grade-II
- Administrative Assistant ‘A’
- Store Assistant ‘A’
- Security Assistant ‘A’
- Clerk (Canteen Manager Grade-III)
- Assistant Halwai-cum Cook
- Vehicle Operator ‘A’
- Fire Engine Driver ‘A’
The application process for these posts started in September 2019 and continued till 15th October 2019.
For the recruitment of these posts, candidates will have to go through two tiers of examination – Tier-I and Tier-II. The dates of the Tier-I exam have also been announced. As per the notification, the DRDO CEPTAM A&A Tier-I exam will be conducted between 17th November to 23rd November 2019 across various centres in India.
In order to appear for the exam, candidates will have to download their admit card. The admit card has recently been released on the official website of DRDO CEPTAM. Candidates appearing for the exam can download the admit card by following the steps given below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of DRDO CEPTAM, which is https://www.drdo.gov.in/ceptm-advertisement/482
- Step-2 : On the homepage, look for the link which reads “Click here to Download Admit Card (Tier-I) for Admin & Allied cadre under CEPTAM-09/A&A Advertisement” Click on the link.
- Step-3 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page. Fill the necessary credentials to access the admit card. Click on the submit option.
- Step-4 : The admit card will open up. Download the admit card in a pdf format.
- Step-5 : Take a printout of the admit card and save it for future purposes.
The admit card will feature several important details relating to the exam, such as the exam date, time and venue.
The DRDO CEPTAM 2019 A&A will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) featuring questions from a number of fields like Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, General English, etc. This exam will only be conducted for provisional selection following which candidates will be called for skill tests, physical fitness tests, etc.
It is mandatory that candidates carry their admit card along with a valid photo identity proof with them of the day of the examination.