Students at the Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management have access to a variety of amenities. VAMNICOM Pune amenities include separate dorms for boys and girls, a canteen, a gym, and a library, among other things. The institution features a fully computerised library with a large collection of books covering a wide range of subjects. International journals are available through the library's subscription service. Sports facilities are available at the Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management for a variety of games such as cricket and table tennis. Other Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management features include an auditorium, a medical centre, well-equipped classrooms, and a guest home.
- Ranked 57 in India's Best Business Schools 2014
- Ranked 7 in Pune and 74 all over India by Business Today
- Ranked 16 all over India by Cover Story Best B-schools in India
- Ranked 25 in best Government B-Schools by India Today
- Ranked 6 in overall ranking of government b-schools by CSR GHRDC
|PGDM Agri business
||Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks + valid CAT/XAT/CMAT scores
||Bachelor's degree in relevant stream. Preference will be given to candidate with a minimum of three years working experience in managerial capacity. + valid CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT scores
||Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks + valid CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT scores
|Diploma in Computer Operations Management
||Any graduate working in cooperatives
The following scholarships are offered by VAMNICOM:
- NCUI Scholarship: The National Cooperative Union of India provides a scholarship of Rs 40,000 every year to six students.
- IFFCO Scholarship: Two students from the SC category and one from the ST category will each get a Rs 15,000 IFFCO scholarship.
- The Ministry of Social Welfare/Tribal Affairs, Government of India, provides post-matric scholarship to SC/ST students.
- Students from the SC, ST, OBC, and VJNT communities are eligible for GOI freeship/scholarship. For this, qualifying students must apply to their state's Social Welfare Department.
- The CICTAB Meritorious Award is given to two Indian students and two international individuals.
The majority of the faculty members have extensive expertise at both the university and national level institutions, as well as industry experience. They have gained international exposure in their field of expertise. Faculty members have the rare privilege of engaging in intellectual conversations with delegates from all around the world.
Q. Why is the college named after Vaikunthbhai Mehta?
Ans. Vaikunthbhai Mehta was born on October 26, 1891, in Bhavnagar, Gujarat, as a friend, philosopher, mentor, and doyen of the cooperative movement. Vaikunthbhai was the Chief Executive of the Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank for almost 35 years. He served as the then-Bombay State's Minister of Finance and Cooperation and as the first Chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission. Vaikunthbhai Mehta's contribution to the cause of cooperative education and training was pioneering and foundational.
Q. Some of the companies that regularly hire from VAMNICOM?
Ans. Tata Chemicals Ltd., Aztec Exim, Excel Industries, Indofil Chemicals, Namdhari Fresh, Tata Rallis, Ballarpur Industries, Farmer Brands, Infosys, Nunhems India, TCS are the companies that have regularly hired from VAMNICOM over the last few years.
Q. Why should one look out for PG Diploma course in VAMNICOM?
Ans. VAMNICOM has enhanced the decision-making and administrative abilities of practical managers in the cooperative sector.
Through the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Business Management (PGDCBM) programmes, educational opportunities are provided for young men and women interested in pursuing a career in management. Student may also carry out applied research and distribute the results through publications, as well as library retrieval and documentation services
Q. What is the organizational structure of the college?
Ans. The Director of the college reports to the Management Committee of the college while the rest of the faculty including all professors and lecturers report to the Director.
Q. How is training material prepared at VAMNICOM?
Ans. VAMNICOM provides active support and guidance to the 14 state level institutes of Co-operative Management (ICMs) and the 5 Regional Institutes of Co-operative Management (RICMs) through Faculty Development Programmes, in the preparation of training materials and dissemination of information on technology, with the goal of nurturing required skills at the middle and junior management levels.