The University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) Australia Overview
Welcome to UNSW Sydney (the University of New South Wales), one of Australia's leading research and teaching universities. At UNSW, we take pride in the broad range and high quality of our teaching programs.
Our teaching gains strength and currency from our research activities, strong industry links and our international nature; UNSW has strong regional and global engagement.
In developing new ideas and promoting lasting knowledge we are creating an academic environment where outstanding students and scholars from around the world can be inspired to excel in their programs of study and research.
Partnerships with both local and global communities allow UNSW to share knowledge, debate and research outcomes. UNSW’s public events include concert performances, open days and public forums on issues such as the environment, healthcare and global politics. We encourage you to explore the UNSW website so you can find out more about what we do.
UNSW Sydney at a glance
- UNSW Sydney is a powerhouse of cutting-edge research, teaching and innovation.
- We are one of the top 100 universities in the world, with more than 59,000 students and a 7,000-strong research community.
- Located in Sydney, Australia’s largest city, the University was established in 1949 with a unique focus on the scientific, technological and professional disciplines.
- UNSW is committed to making a difference by focusing on areas critical to the future. Pioneering research and sustained innovation are addressing some of the most important issues of today – from climate change and renewable energies to lifesaving medical treatments and breakthrough technologies. In the social sciences, UNSW research informs policy and expert commentary in issues facing society, ranging from human rights and constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians to public health and population ageing.
- UNSW offers an extensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. We are expanding our education and reaching more students from all backgrounds and communities around the world.
- The main UNSW campus is located on a 38-hectare site at Kensington, seven kilometres from the centre of Sydney. Other major campuses are Art & Design in Paddington and UNSW Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy.
- Ranked 76th in Top Universities Abroad
- UNSW is ranked 45th by QS World University Rankings 2017-18
- It is ranked 78th by Times Higher Education World Ranking 2016/17
- UNSW has been ranked seventh in a new Times Higher Education global ranking of universities established between 1945 and 1966
- LinkedIn’s 30 most in-demand employers hire more UNSW graduates than any other university in Australia
- Master of Information Technology
- AGSM MBA (full-time)
- Manufacturing Engineering and Management (Master of Engineering Science)
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Master of Engineering Science
- Food Process Engineering (Master of Engineering Science)
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Finance
- Master of Financial Analysis
- Master of International Business
- BE (Hons) in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Marketing
- Bachelor of Economics