TERI University, New Delhi Overview Overview
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is an independent research institute in New Delhi. It was renamed as TERI University and granted “Deemed to be University” status by the UGC.
TERI has been globally recognised for its immense contribution to the development to the field of science and policy research.
- TERI University is the globe’s rank first in the field of Sustainability. TERI University has been accredited by NAAC as an ‘A’ grade university
- The campus is equipped with three types of cooling systems: the Earth Air Tunnel (EAT), Variable Refrigerant Volume System (VRV) and Thermal Mass Storage (TMS).
The EAT used in the hostel block uses the heat sink property of the earth to maintain comfortable temperatures inside the building.
TERI University has entered into MOUs with several international universities aimed at facilitating the mutually beneficial exchange of students, faculty, knowledge etc. Some of these institutes are-
- Yale University
- University of Berlin, Germany
- Deakin University, Australia
- North Carolina State University, USA
- University of Glamorgan, UK
- Technical University of Denmark etc.
There are some departments in the University which offer Masters and doctoral degrees. They are as follows:
- Department of natural resources
- Centre for Bio-resources and biotechnology
- Centre for energy and environment
- Department of policy studies
- Centre for regulatory and policy research
- Department of Business Sustainability