Symbiosis Institute of Business Management Nagpur (SIBM Nagpur) is the newest member of the SIU family. The college offers an MBA program in Finance, Marketing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, and Human Resource. Admission to the college is based on marks obtained in Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) conducted by the university. The application form for the admission process is available on the official website amounting to INR 1750. The shortlisted candidates are called for Group Exercise, Personal Interview & Written Ability Test. Graduates from the college are placed in companies such as Edelweiss, Ernst & Young, KPMG, etc.
SIBM Nagpur Highlights
|Established | Type
||2019 | Private
||Symbiosis International University (SIU Pune)
||NAAC with ‘A’ grade
|Top Internship Recruiters
||Edelweiss, Ernst & Young, KPMG, etc.
||Auditorium, Central Library, Gym, Hostel, and Sports
SIBM Nagpur Courses
SIBM Nagpur offers the MBA program with different specializations. The details of the course are mentioned in the below table:
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have passed an undergraduate course with min. 50% or 45% (SC/ ST); shortlisted based on the SNAP test.
Selection Criteria: Merit-based; Admission process internal to Symbiosis International University.
Specializations: Finance, Marketing, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, and Human Resource.
SIBM Nagpur Admissions
SIBM conducts the admission process centrally for its MBA colleges located at Pune, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Nashik, and Bengaluru based on the merits obtained by the students in the SNAP Test. Also, students must meet all the eligibility criteria that were mentioned above.
How to apply?
- The first step is to appear for the SNAP test by registering on which is the central entrance examination for all the Symbiosis institutes and costs about INR 1750.
- In the registration process, the candidate must select SIBM Nagpur as their choice of the institute, and for each specialization program under the MBA course, by paying INR 1000.
- Based on the merit list, the selected students will be called to the institute for further rounds that includes Group Exercise, Personal Interview & Written Ability Test; abbreviated as ‘GE-PIWAT’. The students must carry the SNAP Test Admit Card for these rounds.
SIBM Nagpur Placements
As the first batch of SIBM Nagpur will be graduating in the year 2021, the placement information of full-time jobs for this institute is unavailable. To have an idea about the packages and companies that would be hiring, we can say that it would be like the other SIBM colleges. Also, Nagpur is an epicenter for various FMCG industry activities and that can in return generate more employment opportunities. There is a dedicated placement committee in place for a smoother recruitment process. Edelweiss, Ernst & Young, KPMG are some of the companies where current batch students have been doing their summer internship.
SIBM Nagpur Facilities
Established recently in 2019, SIBM Nagpur provides these campus facilities mentioned below:
- Accommodation: SIBM Nagpur provides hostel facilities for students and a guest house for visiting faculties or guests. Since the institute is co-ed, the institute has two separate hostels: one each for boys and girls. The prices for the hostel rooms can be accessed using the following link
- Central Library: SIBM Nagpur provides the students with books, reports, journals, periodicals of various departments and streams through the central repository which is called ‘The Central Library’.
- Sports facilities: Just like the other Symbiosis institutes, this campus also provides students with a lot of modern sports facilities. The campus has different courts for badminton, basketball, ‘futsal’. There is also a gymnasium which incorporates a lot of modern equipment. The institute also organizes a lot of sporting events for the students where all these facilities are used.
- Healthcare Facilities: The institute promotes and provides preventive healthcare facilities like gymnasiums and fitness centers as well as curative healthcare facilities that include in-house medical facilities.
SIBM Nagpur FAQs
Q. Is SIBM Nagpur as good as other SIBM institutes?
Ans. The answer to this is straight forward, other SIBM institutes are quite older as compared to SIBM Nagpur. The established year is the best measure at present to compare these institutes amongst each other.
Q. Which are the other management colleges in Nagpur than SIBM Nagpur?
Ans. IIM Nagpur is a better management college as compared to the other management colleges that are located in Nagpur.
Q. Is SIBM Nagpur worth applying for?
Ans. The institute is too new to compare with the other MBA colleges. There are several reasons where you might consider SIBM Nagpur as an option. Firstly, the college has a reservation for Nagpur domiciled students so a Nagpur student will have an upper hand in the admission process. Secondly, it is a symbiosis institute so Nagpur college will receive the best quality resources from the parent university.
Q. Does SIBM Nagpur offer executive MBA?
Ans. There is no related information about this on the institute’s official website. Since it is a new institute, the college might offer this program in the near future,
Q. Is SIBM Nagpur a better location than other SIBM locations?
Ans. Nagpur is the epicenter of orange production, which boosts the overall GDP. There are many other FMCG industries that are based out of Nagpur. So, the job market will give opportunities to the students based out of Nagpur.