Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, established in 2002, is collaborated with Central University of Tamilnadu (CUTN) and approved by AICTE. The college is a National Level Institution providing comprehensive Education, Training, Consultancy and Research in Textile Management. SVPISTM is a unique institute under the Ministry of Textiles offering courses in B.Sc Textile & Apparel, B.Sc Technical Textiles, BBA Textile Business Analytics and MBA in Textile, Apparel, Retail and Technical Textile management approved by AICTE. Admission to SVPITM Coimbatore is done on the basis of valid marks in the CUET/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ TANCET/ SVP Entrance Test/NIFT entrance exams.
SVPITM has established an active working relationship with several leading corporates of India to provide placement assistance to the students. The highest package is offered at INR 3 LPA and the average package is offered at INR 2.2 LPA. Some of the frequent recruiters are PVH Aravind Fashions, Loyal Textiles, HR Terry Products, Kalki Designs, Pantaloons and more.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Key Facts
- Selection - The selection of candidates is simply based on the graduation percentage and entrance exam score.
- Placement - The College conducts Campus Interviews and Final Placements for students. Last year, 95% of students got placed in top recruiting firms. The Median Salary Package of a SVPITM graduate is INR 2.16 LPA.
- Faculty - The college has highly qualified and well-experienced faculty members. The college also arranges extension lectures by the guest faculty for the students.
- The college has signed MoU's With National and International university bodies and associations
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Courses Details
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management offers B.Sc, BBA, MBA, and Certification courses. Following are the details of the same.
||Textile Business Analytics
||10+2 examination or equivalent of any recognized board in India (any stream) having 50% of marks for General and 45% marks for OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PWD candidates.
||Textile & Apparel, Technical Textiles
10+2 examination or equivalent of any recognized board in India with science stream/vocational stream with textile subjects having 50% of marks for
General and 45% marks for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD candidates.
||Retail Management, Textile Management, Apparel Management,
Technical Textile Management
Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of at least 50% for General,OBC (Non-creamy layer) and 45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates + valid score
in CUET/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ TANCET/ SVP entrance exams
Medical Textile Management,
Nonwoven Textile Management,
|Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Placement
The Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management assists students in their pre-placement training. The cell arranges Industrial counseling to guide students through their careers. The Institute schedules training workshops, mock tests, and skill development programs for the students. The college also provides assistance and coordinates the students for internships. The higher package is offered at INR 3 LPA and the average package is offered at INR 2.2 LPA. The Median Salary Package of an SVPITM graduate is INR 2.16 LPA
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Top Recruiters
|PVH Aravind Fashions
||Jay Jay Mills
|The Chennai Silks
|HR Terry Products
|Home Plus Retails
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Scholarship
The SVPITM offers the following scholarship schemes:
- National Scholarship Portal, Govt. of India:
- Merit-cum-means scholarship
- Top Class Education for Post Matric
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Minority Scholarship scheme
- SC/ST scholarship, Department of SC/ST Welfare Office, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Unorganized / Nalavaariyam Scholarship schemes, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Uzhavar Paathukaappu Thittam, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Nationwide Scholarship - Studying in other states scheme
- Railway Staff benefit scheme – Southern Railway
- Charities / Worker’s Benefit fund
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Educational Assistance (Staff Welfare) Scheme, Neyveli
- Ex-serviceman Prime Minister’s Scholarship scheme
- TATA Millenium Scholarship
- Police Welfare Scholarship Scheme, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh
- Merit scholarship to top 5 students in each stream.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management Faculty
All faculty members at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute are well experienced and immensely committed to their work and are always ready to offer help to the students. Teachers at college are very passionate and possess deep knowledge about their subjects and work towards preparing their students for the best in industry. SVPITM has 16 faculty members across all departments.
- COMP LABS
- WI-FI CAMPUS
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management FAQs
Q. Does SVPITM provide hostel accommodation to the students?
Ans. SVPITM provides separate hostel facilities for boys & girls with spacious buildings.
Q. How is the library of SVPITM?
Ans. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management has a library of National and International Journals. Students also have access to the Digital Library.
Q. Does SVPITM accept NRI students?
Ans. Yes. Foreign students, who wish to join any course, are required to submit their application along with bio-data and academic qualifications.
Q. Does SVPITM provide reservations to their students?
Ans. The seats are reserved for SC /ST /OBC (Non-Creamy) /GEN-EWS /Person with Disability (PWD) in each course are as under:
|Reservation for UG and PG Courses
|GEN – EWS
Q. Does SVPITM provide online courses?
Ans. Yes. The Institute offers four online courses: MOOC, Swayam, Swayam Prabha and Nodal Officer for developing additional skill sets.