R V College of Engineering Admission Process
R V College of Engineering Admission Procedure R.V College of Engineering is accepting applications for admission to MCA, BE, and M.Tech courses in the Management Quota. Interested candidates should apply through the Institute’s official website. Apply
R.V. College of Engineering in Bangalore was founded in 1963. It is affiliated with Belagavi’s Visvesvaraya Technological University. The institute is AICTE-approved, and all of its departments are NBA-accredited in New Delhi. Furthermore, NIRF ranked it 58th among Engineering Colleges in India.
RVCE is well-known for its four-year BE program, which is available in 12 specializations. Interested applicants from Karnataka are admitted to the course based on their KCET scores. However, the selection of students belonging to other states depends upon COMEDK score.
Candidates can enroll in M.Tech and MCA programs at the PG level in addition to BE. Admission to M.Tech requires a valid GATE/PGCET score, whereas MCA admission requires a valid KMAT/PGCET score.
The application process for KCET is expected to begin in February. INR 650/- is the application fee. Those interested in participating in COMEDK can register now by paying an application fee of INR 1600/-. Every year, registration for GATE begins in September. Interested candidates can register by paying INR 750/-.
R.V. College of Engineering Top Courses
||Passed 10+2 with 65% marks
||Completed B.E/B.Tech with 50% marks in aggregate
||Passed Graduation with 50% marks in aggregate
R.V. College of Engineering Admission Highlights 2022
Candidates can take a look over the table providing information about the college
|Name of the Institute
||R.V. College of Engineering
|Commonly Known As
|Type of the Institute
||BE, M.Tech and MCA
|Entrance Exams Accepted
||BE – KCET/COMEDK
M.Tech – GATE/PGCET
MCA – KMAT/PGCET
|KCET 2022 Application Form Commencement Date
||Apr 18, 2022
|KCET 2022 Admit Card
||May 30, 2022
|KCET 2022 Exam Date
||Jun 16, 2022 – Jun 18, 2022
|COMEDK UGET 2022 Exam
||Jun 19, 2022
R.V. College of Engineering BE Admission 2022
Check details of the course from the table given below.
|Mode of Application
||KCET/COMEDK followed by Counselling
The college offers 12 specializations under BE course which are mentioned as follows.
||Computer Science & Engineering
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Electronics & Communication Engineering
||Information Science & Engineering
|Industrial Engineering & Management
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
BE Eligibility at R.V. College of Engineering
The following are the minimum requirements for applying:
- Candidates must have completed their 12th grade with at least 65% in Mathematics and Physics.
- They must also have received at least 70% in both Math and Science.
BE Selection Criteria at R.V. College of Engineering
- R V College of Engineering considers KCET exam scores when selecting candidates from the state of Karnataka.
- For students from other states, selection will be based on exams such as COMEDK and any other national entrance test.
- Applicants with a valid rank in the aforementioned exams must attend counseling.
- KCET qualified students must attend KEA’s KCET Counselling, while COMEDK qualified students must attend COMEDK Counseling.
- During the counseling process, applicants must select a college and a course.
- Seats will be assigned based on the options selected and the score obtained on the entrance exam.
- KCET fills about 45% of seats, COMEDK fills 30%, and Management Quota fills the remaining 25%.
- To confirm their admission, selected candidates must submit the required documents and pay the required fees.
R.V. College of Engineering M.Tech Admission 2022
Refer to the table displaying necessary details related to the M.tech course.
|Mode of Application
There are 13 specializations in M.Tech which are tabulated below:
||Biomedical Signal Processing & Instrumentation
|Product Design & Manufacturing
||Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering
|Computer Integrated & Manufacturing
|VLSI Designs & Embedded Systems
M.Tech Eligibility at R V College of Engineering
The following individuals are eligible to apply for the course:
- Candidates must hold a BE/B. Tech degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- In addition, they must have a GATE/PGCET scorecard.
M.Tech Selection Criteria at R.V. College of Engineering
- Applicants seeking admission to M.Tech programs must have a valid GATE or PGCET score.
- If they have not taken any of the aforementioned entrance exams, they must take the college’s entrance exam.
- The final selection will be based on the results of the entrance exam.
R.V. College of Engineering MCA Admission 2022
All the basic details of the course are tabulated below.
|Mode of Application
R.V. Engineering College Eligibility for MCA
To apply for MCA, you must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have graduated with one of the following optional subjects: Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Programming/ Computer Applications/ Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics.
- Furthermore, they must have received at least 50% aggregate marks in their graduation (45% for Sc/ST candidates).
MCA Selection Criteria at R.V. College of Engineering
- The institute chooses students who have excelled in entrance exams such as KMAT or PGCET.
- As a result, the final selection is based on the merit of the entrance exam.
- Those chosen must submit a number of documents at the time of admission.
- In addition, they must submit two Demand Drafts for Tuition and College Fees.
How Do I Apply to RV College of Engineering?
- To enroll in any of the institute’s courses, applicants must apply online at R.V. College of Engineering’s official website.
- Candidates must complete the application form and upload all required documents.
- After completing the form, an application fee must be paid.
- Candidates must submit the application form after making the payment.
Documentation is required.
Candidates must include the following documents with their applications:
- Class 10 and 12th Marksheets
- Passing Certificate Graduation degree and
- Degree Certificate Scorecard of the candidate’s entrance exam
- Category Certificate (if applicable)