Manipal University – [MUJ], Jaipur Admission Process
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) Admission 2023
MUJ offers career-oriented courses at UG, PG and Doctoral levels across diverse streams such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Fine Arts, Hospitality, Humanities, Journalism and Mass Communication, Basic Sciences, Law, Commerce, Computer Applications and Management. The university is approved by AICTE, UGC, BCI and COA and has accreditation from NAAC.
Manipal University Jaipur has launched UGC approved Online Degree Courses on BBA, BCA and MCA. Candidates can apply for these courses by visiting the official website of the university. The fees for the UG programs has been set as INR 99,000 for 3 years while for the two year MCA course it is INR 1,20,000. A limited number of merit based scholarship is also available for the courses.
- The minimum required for UG courses is a pass in 10+2 with 50% marks.
- The university requires a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks for granting admission in PG course.
- Candidates who have a Master’s degree with 55% marks are considered eligible to apply for Doctoral courses.
- Admission to UG and PG courses is based on merit secured in the qualifying examination followed by Personal Interview (if required).
- For some of the courses, the selection is solely based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates can secure admission in B.Tech. and B.Arch. based on MET/ JEE Main/ JEE Advanced and NATA exam score respectively.
- For M.Tech. the university gives priority to candidates who have a valid GATE score.
- Admission to MBA is done on the basis of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT exams. However, the final selection is based on performance in Academics, Entrance Test, Group work, Personal Interview, Presentation & English comprehension Test and Work Experience (if any).
- The university conducts a Written test for M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology and LLM courses.
- Interested candidates can apply online on the official website to apply for any of the course offered by the University.
The placement facilities provided by the institute are quite impressive. Around 100 companies visited the campus and made 803 job offers in the recent placements held at the university. The total placement percentage was 85% and the highest package stood at INR 42 LPA/-.
Manipal University Jaipur Admission Highlights 2023
|Name of Institution||Manipal University Jaipur|
|Also Known As||MUJ|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-Based|
Manipal University Jaipur Important Dates
|Last Date to Apply (UG & PG)||May 15, 2023|
|Course commencement date (UG & PG)||Aug 01, 2023|
|MET 2023 Attempt 1 (BE/ B.Tech)||April 28 – 30, 2023|
|MET 2023 Attempt 2 (BE/ B.Tech)||May 27 – 28, 2023|
Manipal University Jaipur B.Tech. And B.Tech (Lateral) Admission 2023
Manipal University Jaipur provides a 4 years full time B. Tech course under various specializations.
|Duration||B.Tech – 4 Years B.Tech (Lateral) – 3 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance Exam|
Manipal University Jaipur offers 11 specializations in B.Tech course as mentioned below in the table:
|Automobile Engineering||Computer and Communication Engineering (CCE)||Civil Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)|
|Information Technology (IT)||Mechanical Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Data Science & Engineering||Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)||—|
Manipal University Jaipur B.Tech. And B.Tech (Lateral) Eligibility
Eligibility for MET Rank Holders:
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 / A Level / IB or American 12th grade or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects, along with any one of Chemistry or Computer Science or Biotechnology or Biology or Statistics or Engineering Drawing as optional subject.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and optional subject, taken together at 10+2.
Eligibility Criteria for Direct Admissions:
For direct admission (in branches where seats are vacant) the following candidates are eligible:
- All remaining MET Rank Holders who did not participate in the counselling.
- Candidates who have JEE rank and qualified JEE Advanced are also eligible.
- Based on the SAT score.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects and securing 60% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech (Lateral):
For B.Tech (Lateral), candidates must have passed 3 year diploma in relevant discipline of Engineering/B.Sc (PCM) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Manipal University Jaipur B.Tech. And B.Tech (Lateral) Selection Criteria
Selection Criteria for MET candidates:
- Candidates are selected on the basis of rank in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET) followed by counselling.
- Those who have a valid rank in JEE Main/ JEE Advanced/ SAT are also considered for admission.
Selection Criteria for Direct Admissions:
- Candidates are admitted based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Branches are allocated on Merit basis
Selection Criteria for B.Tech Lateral Entry:
For B.Tech. Lateral Entry, admissions are purely done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. There is no entrance test.
Manipal University Jaipur BBA Admission 2023
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Selection Criteria||Merit-Based and PI|
Manipal University Jaipur offers 1 specialization under BBA course i.e. Hospitality & Tourism Operations
Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline with at least 50% marks.
Candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and performance in personal interview PI.
Manipal University Jaipur UG Admission 2023
MUJ offers B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Des., BFA, BCA, BHM, B.Com., B.Com (Hons), BA, BA (Hons), B.Arch., LLB, BPES and Integrated BA LLB and BBA LLB courses under Management, Arts, Law and Humanities.
The basic eligibility for all the courses is 10+2 with 50% marks. For LLB, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks.
Admission to UG courses is based on marks secured in the qualifying exam. For some courses like the university also conducts a Personal Interview (PI). Candidates are offered admission in B.Arch. based on NATA score.
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Physics||3 years||10+2 /A Level /IB or with science and/ or computer science subjects with 50% marks in aggregate.||Selection is done on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination only|
|Psychology||Selection is done on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination and PI|
|B.Des||Interior Design||4 years||10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate.||Selection is on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Preference is given to those who have creative ability, design aptitude and good communication skills|
|BCA||–||3 years||10+2 or A level or IB examination in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate||Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination|
|B.Com.||–||3 years||10+2 or equivalent in any discipline with 50% marks||Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and a personal interview (PI).|
|B. Com (Hons.)||Accounting||10+2 or equivalent in Commerce and allied disciplines with 60% marks|
|BA (Hons)||Economics||3 years||10+2 or equivalent in any discipline with 50% marks.|
|BPES||–||10+2 or A Level or IB or American 12th Grade or equivalent with a minimum of 35% marks in any discipline|
|BA – J&MC||–||10+2/Intermediate or A Level or IB or American 12th Grade or equivalent||Selection is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination|
|Integrated BA LLB (Hons)||–||5 years||10+2 in any subject/ stream wi5h 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and a personal interview (PI)|
|Integrated BBA LLB (Hons)||–|
|LLB||–||3 years||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|BHM||–||4 years||10+2 in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.||Selection is based on marks obtained in qualifying exam followed by Personal Interview|
|B.Arch.||–||5 years||10+2 with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level OR 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics equivalent to 10+2 level, with minimum 50% aggregate marks AND A valid score in NATA||NATA or any specially designed aptitude test in Architecture followed by Personal Interview (PI)|
Manipal University Jaipur M.Tech. Admission 2023
MUJ provides admission to 2 years full time M.Tech. courses under 9 specializations.
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech/BE/AMIE with 50% marks|
|Selection Criteria||Merit Based|
Manipal University Jaipur offers 9 specializations under M.Tech course as mentioned below in the table :
|Structural Engineering||Communication Systems||Environmental Engineering with specialization in Non Sewered Sanitation|
|Information Security||Electrical Engineering||VLSI and Embedded System Design|
|Data Science||Computer Aided Analysis & Design||Manufacturing Engineering & Technology|
The eligibility differs according to the branches offered in M.Tech. course:
|Environmental Engineering with specialization in Non Sewered Sanitation||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE in the respective/ related branch of Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA OR M.Sc. Chemistry with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Structural Engineering||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE in Civil Engineering/ Construction Technology with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Communication Systems||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE or equivalent in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science / Electronics and Instrumentation or related disciplines/ MSc in Electronics /Physics with Specialization in Electronics / Computer Science/IT with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|VLSI and Embedded System Design||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE or equivalent in Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Telecommunication/ Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Electronics and Instrumentation or related disciplines/ MSc in Electronics /Physics with Specialization in Electronics / Computer Science/IT with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Electrical Engineering||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE in Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation and Allied areas with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Data Science||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE in CSE, IT, CCE, ECE, EEE, Information Science or M.Sc. Computer Science or IT or Information Science with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Manufacturing Engineering & Technology||B.Tech./ BE/ AMIE or equivalent in Mechanical/Industrial & Production/Mechatronics/Manufacturing Science/Automobile Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|Computer Aided Analysis & Design|
- Candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination followed by a Personal Interview.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score will be preferred for admission.
- The university does not conduct any entrance test.
Manipal University Jaipur MBA Admission 2023
Manipal University Jaipur provides 2 years full time MBA course, details of which are mentioned below:
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50% marks|
|Selection Criteria||Past Academics, Entrance Test, Group Work, PI, Presentation and Work Experience (if any)|
Manipal University Jaipur offers 4 specialization under BBA course as mentioned below:
|Finance||IT & Analytics|
- Candidates must have passed a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Also, they must have a valid score in any of the following exam: CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT/GMAT
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their aptitude exam such as CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ GMAT.
- The final merit list is prepared on the basis of performance in Academics (10th, 12th and Graduation), Entrance Test, Group Work, Personal Interview, Presentation & English Comprehension Test.
- A due weightage is given to previous work experience.
Manipal University Jaipur PG Admission 2023
At PG Level, Manipal University Jaipur also offers M.Sc., MCA, M.Com., MA, LLM and M.Arch. Candidates seeking admission in any of these courses must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject with 50% marks.
Admission to PG Courses is based on marks obtained in the qualifying exam followed by Personal Interview. For courses like M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology and LLM, candidates need to appear in a written test.
|M.Sc.||Biotechnology||2 years||B.Sc. degree from a recognized University/Institution or equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate.||Admission depends upon marks obtained in the qualifying examination|
|Clinical Psychology||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate and Psychology or any related course (Child psychology, psychiatry, educational psychology, counselling, psychotherapy, etc.) as one of the papers is eligible.||Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, Written Entrance Test and PI|
|MCA||–||2 years||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or other competent body in Computer Applications / Computer Science / Information Technology with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate||Selection is based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination and PI|
|M.Com||Financial Analysis||2 years||B.Com, BBA or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.||Selection is based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination and PI|
|MA||English||2 years||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University (English literature as one of the majors for M.A. in English)||Admission is solely based on marks secured in the qualifying examination|
|J&MC||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University|
|LLM||Corporate Law & Commercial Law||1 year||Bachelor’s degree in Law with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (48% for SC/ST) in related discipline||Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination & MUJ Written Entrance Test.|
|Criminal & Security Law|
|M.Arch.||Landscape||2 years||B.Arch. with a minimum of 5.0 CGPA or 50% marks OR B.Plan with 1 year experience||Admission will be done on the basis of PI and assessment of submitted portfolio reflecting applicant’s professional and/or academic experience and technical skills in design, layout and content.|
Manipal University Jaipur Ph.D. Admission 2023
Manipal University Jaipur offers admission to full-time & part-time Ph.D. course in Engineering, Sciences, Management, Commerce, Humanities and Social Sciences.
|Ph.D. in Arts & Law||Language (English, French)||Candidates must a Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks, or a CGPA of 5.5 and above in a 10 point scale (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates)||Selection is based on the performance in a Ph.D. Written Test and Interview conducted by the University.|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Ph.D. in Design||Architecture|
|Ph.D. in Science||Physics|
|Ph.D.in Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Computer & Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Ph.D. in Management & Commerce||Business Administration|
Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship holders or have passed MPhil programme are exempted from the entrance examination.
How to Apply for Manipal University Jaipur?
Candidates can apply online for admission to preferred courses by following stepwise procedure mentioned below:
- Visit the official site of Manipal University Jaipur and click on Apply Now tab.
- Select the desired course for which you want to apply.
- Now, enter the required details and click on Register.
- Verify the email address provided in the registration form via verification link.
- Now, login using the email and password credentials.
- Fill the application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Lastly, pay the application fee using online mode through credit card/debit card/net banking.