LM Thapar School of Management (LMTSM), Mohali Overview
LM Thapar School of Management has emerged as one of the leading business schools of India in the last decade. Ever since its establishment on 23rd July in the year 2007 in the city of Patiala, the institute has taken giant strides in the field of management education to emerge as a name to be reckoned with.
LM Thapar School of Management, Mohali is a group institution of the Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology which has the status of a Deemed to be University that is carrying forward a rich legacy. LMTSM is a AACSB - accredited business schools committed to high-quality curriculum, faculty, research, innovation and engagement.
Started in the fond memory of the ace businessman of India, Mr Lalit Thapar, LM Thapar School of Management, Mohali is redefining the meaning of excellence in education.
Through its evolving pedagogy, the institute transforms young professionals into industry-ready managers who can take on complex workplace problems in a global setting with ease.
The school is headed by its director Dr Padmakumar Nair, who boasts of an experience of over 32 years. He has worked as the Clinical Professor and Academic Director at The Leadership Center, SOM, University of Texas, Dallas.
LM Thapar School of Management shifted to its state of the art campus in Derabassi, Punjab near Chandigarh spread over 33 acres. The campus offers on-site accommodation facility for over 500 students. The school is organised into nine different academic units with six dedicated centres of excellence.
Keeping in mind the dynamic needs of the global workplace, the institute offers various electives for its students in addition to the core courses. The different clubs run by students actively organise cultural and sports events, paving the way for holistic education.
|B-School in India( Non-IIMs)||13|
|The Best Business School||23|
To remain at the forefront of global management practise and provide global exposure to our students and faculty, LM Thapar School of Management (LMTSM) is actively involved in various collaborative programs with the following universities
- Trinity College, Dublin
- VU University, The Netherlands
- Danube University, Krems, Austria
- The University of Tampere, Finland
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- University of Twente, The Netherlands
- The University of Queensland, Australia
- KUSOM, Nepal
LM Thapar School of Management Courses
In order to equip its students with the latest knowledge and in-demand skills, LM Thapar School of Management offers a wide range of masters and doctorate level programs. The flagship programs at the institute are as follows: -
- MBA: - The 2-year full-time MBA program is aimed at creating globally aware and socially responsible management professionals who can manage complex workplace situations with their skills and knowledge. Various specialisations offered for MBA students include: -
- Business Analytics and Big Data
- Human Resource Management
- Education Management & Leadership
- Energy & Sustainability
- International Management & Strategy
- Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Executive MBA: - This 18-month program is meant for experienced professionals who want to take their career to the next level with superior knowledge and skill set. Students can choose from any of the following two specialisations: -
- Branding and Marketing Management (BMM)
- Operations and Technology Management (OTM)
- Corporate and Entrepreneurial Finance (CEF)
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (IME)
- Strategy and International Management (SIM)
- Higher Education Management (HEM)
MBA Admission for Session 2020
The admissions for the various programs at LM Thapar School of Management are conducted online. Students need to log-on to the official website of the institute @ www.lmtsm.thapar.edu and complete the registration process as per the guidelines.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on their scores in any of the following examinations: -
Final selection of the candidates will be based on their score in either of these entrance exams, group interaction and personal interview.
With one of the most well-connected placement cells in the country, LM Thapar Institute of Management welcomes recruiters from some of the leading national and international groups in the placement session every year.
The top 10 Recruiters are: American Express, Ernst & Young, Hyundai, KPMG, Hettich, Nestle, Berger, MRF, HDFC, Blackstone.
The key highlights of the placement season 2018-19 are as follows: -
- Total number of recruiters - 66
- Highest international package - 21.66 Lakhs per annum.
- Highest domestic package - 10.05 Lakhs per annum.
- Average package (top 25% students) - 8.26 Lakhs per annum.