Jankidevi Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JDBIMS), Mumbai Overview
JDBIMS is the Institute for management studies of SNDT Women’s University. It is a part of the bold initiative taken by the SNDT Women’s University in the field of professional education for women. JDBIMS is named after Smt. Jankidevi Bajaj, a distinguished representative of Indian womanhood who worked for the awakening and emancipation of women. She was a revolutionary social worker in a tradition bound society and is a perfect example of karma yogini.
JDBIMS was established on August 17, 1997 with the launch of a two year full time Masters’ degree programme in Management studies (MMS), PhD programme in Management studies and very intensive part time one year Post graduate diploma courses.
From the academic year 2001-2002, the institute is functioning in its building at the University’s Juhu campus. It is fully equipped with all modern facilities. The institute is headed by the Director and is supported by a team of dedicated faculty. A large number of specialists from the world of business and industry are involved in the teaching and mentoring.
JDBIMS offers a blend of traditional Indian culture and value systems with modern management theories and practices to prepare managers for the future.
- To create new standards and benchmarks in management education
- To provide high-quality management education in several areas of specialization
- To offer programmes in upcoming areas of management to meet the specific needs of the times
- To train women to become business leaders and entrepreneurs
- To build JDBIMS as a brand and a management school of choice for any woman seeking quality management education.