Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology – [IIFPT], Thanjavur Overview
The Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur is a pioneer Research and Development and educational Institution under the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India
. IIFPT was started as an R & D laboratory in the Modern Rice Mill complex of Thanjavur Co-operative Marketing Federation at Tiruvarur.
IIFPT, Thanjavur has collaborated and signed MOUs with many national and international institutions across India and the World. Some of them are mention below,
- Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul
- Central Railside Warehouse Company Ltd
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- University of agricultural and horticultural sciences, Karnataka
- Natural Resources Institute, Greenwich, London
- Kansas State University, Manhattan
- Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma
- Kuraray Co. Ltd. Tokyo, Japan.
- Oniris France
- Ambo University, Ethiopia.
- Hangrow Foods Pvt., Ltd., Provision Value Gard Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Perambalur district maize and small onion farmer producer company ltd., Perambalur
- SRG Organic food’s India Pvt. Ltd
IIFPT Provide training for upgrading the skills of academicians, research students and food processing entrepreneurs and human resources for promoting the growth of new food industry and entrepreneurship in the country.
Meritorious students are offered short to long-term training and research experiences in the international and national institutional laboratories.
|Running Under||Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India (GOI)|
|Affiliated by||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Library||36,000 books and 50 Indian & 20 International journals|
|Laboratories||20 world class and 10 R & D Labs|
|Collaboration||15 National and 12 International Institutions|
|Campus||Located at Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu|
|Nearest Metropolitan City||Thanjavur|
|How to Reach||