GGDSD Chandigarh Admission 2023
Goswami Ganesh Dutt Sanatan Dharama College (GGDSD) was established in the year 1973 in Chandigarh, Punjab and is affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh.
The college offers various UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs under five major departments. The UG programs offered by GGDSD are B.Sc., BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Voc, Diploma in Medical Lab Technology, while the PG programs offered include M.Sc., MA, M.Com, PG Diploma and MEFB programs. SD College Chandigarh also runs the Ph.D. program in Chemistry and Biotechnology.
- Candidates could fill centralized or non-centralized admission form online through the website of the college.
- The application form is made available separately.
- Students shall fill up the application form and make the payment of the fee either online or offline in any mode as preferred.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 with minimum 40% marks are considered eligible for B.Sc. admission.
- Those candidates who have completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks are eligible for admission to BA program.
- Students who have qualified 10+2 with minimum 50% marks and have studied Mathematics are eligible enough to get admission in BBA and BCA program.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized Board could opt for Diploma Degree program.
- Those who hold B.Com, BBA, BA in English or equivalent degree with at least 50% marks are eligible to join MA program.
- Similarly, candidates with B.Sc. or Graduation degree in relevant discipline with at least 50-55% marks are declared eligible to get admission in M.Sc. course.
- The minimum eligibility requirement of M.Com is applicants must hold B.Com, BBA or equivalent Degree from a recognized University.
- For admission to PG Diploma course, candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum 45% marks.
- Students who have Master’s Degree in relevant specializations are eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- Admission to any UG program is given on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- Admission to M.Sc. (Physics, Biotechnology, and Bioinformatics) and MEFB is given through PUCET conducted by Punjab University with merit in the qualifying examination.
- To remaining PG programs viz. M.Sc., MA, M.Com, PG Diploma is given on the basis of candidate’s merit in Graduation.
- Selection of the candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program is done on the basis of their performance in PU Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by Punjab University.
- Students who have qualified UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ GATE/ National level Ph.D. Entrance Test are given preference during the admission session.
Highlight Table of SD College Chandigarh 2023
|Name of the Institute
||Goswami Ganesh Dutt Sanatan Dharama College, Chandigarh
|Basic Admission Criteria
||Offline & Online
|Name of the entrance
SD College Chandigarh UG Admission 2023
Goswami Ganesh Dutt Sanatan Dharama College offers 6 full-time UG programs viz. B.Sc., BA, B.Com, BCA, BBA, B.Voc. and Diploma in Medical Lab Technology each of three-years duration.
Applicants who have passed B.Com one-year with minimum 50% marks are eligible to get admission in B.Com (Hons.), while for admission to B.Com (General) course the minimum eligibility criteria is candidates must pass 10+2 with any 4 of these subjects Mathematics/ Statistics/ Commerce/ Accountancy/ Economics/ Computers or any vocational subject under commerce stream.
Students who have passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory language subject with minimum 50% marks are eligible to get admission in BA program. Those who have qualified HSC with minimum 50% marks and have studied Mathematics at Metric level are eligible for BCA admission. Similarly, for BBA admission minimum eligibility criteria are the candidate shall have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in any discipline.
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to B.Sc. (Biotechnology and Bioinformatics) is to pass 10+2 with Science stream. Candidates who have completed HSC or its equivalent examination with at least 40% marks and minimum 2 science subjects out of three elective subjects are eligible to get admission in B.Sc. (Medical and Non-medical program).
Students who have passed 10+2 with not less than 45% marks in any specialization are eligible to take admission in B.Voc. Program. Admission to Diploma in Medical Lab Technology course is given to those who have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized Board.
Admission to any UG program is given solely on the basis of merit obtained in the qualifying examination.
||10+2 with Medical / Non-Medical
||10+2 with minimum 45% marks with atleast two science subjects
||10+2 with English as passing subject
||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2
||Passed with 50% or more in B.Com degree
||10+2 from a recognized university
||Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 with Mathematics as one subject or equivalent examination
||10+2 with at least 50% marks with English subject
||10+2 in any stream with 45% marks
|Food Processing and Preservation
|Agri Business & Agrarian Entrepreneurship
||Medical Lab Technology
||10+2 in any stream
SD College Chandigarh PG Courses Admission 2023
Goswami Ganesh Dutt Sanatan Dharama College offers M.Sc. in 5 specializations, MA in 2 disciplines, M.Com and PG Diploma programs in its curriculum. The no. of seats in PG Diploma program is 60, in M.Com is 80, in MEFB is 40, in M.Sc. program is 40, in MA Economics it is 60, while in English it is 40.
Candidates who have completed B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics are eligible to opt for M.Sc. in Physics, while those who have passed Graduation Degree with minimum 50% marks are considered eligible for admission to M.Sc. in Biotechnology.
Similarly, those students who hold B.Sc. in Chemistry, B.Tech and B.Pharm degree with minimum 55% marks are eligible for admission to M.Sc. Applied Chemistry. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to M.Sc. in IT is candidates must have passed BCA/ BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics from PU recognized University.
Applicants who have completed B.Sc. in Science with minimum 50% marks are eligible to get admission to M.Sc. in Bioinformatics. Those who have passed B.Com/ BBA or BA in Economics, Mathematics and Statistics with minimum 45% marks are eligible to get admission in MA Economics. For admission to MA English, candidates who hold Graduation Degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks or have BA Degree in Elective English with at least 45% marks are considered eligible. Candidates with B.Com, BBA or equivalent degree are eligible to get admission in M.Com program. Candidates who hold Graduation in relevant discipline with not less than 45% marks are considered eligible for PG Diploma program.
Admission to M.Sc. Physics, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology is given through Common Entrance Test conducted by PU including candidate’s merit in the qualifying examination. The eligible and qualified candidates are shortlisted for admission to the desired course solely on the basis of their performance/ merit in Graduation or equivalent qualifying examination for other remaining courses.
||B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics
||PUCET + Merit Based
||Graduation with minimum 50% marks
||B.Sc. in Chemistry, B.Tech (Chemical Engg & Technology), B.Pharm with 55% marks in aggregate
||B.Sc. degree with minimum 50% marks
||PUCET + Merit Based
||Passed in BCA/ BE/ B.Tech/B.Sc. in Computer Science/Mathematics or Computing or Graduation in Computer Science/ IT/ Computer Application & Mathematics in all three-year of graduation
||B.Com/ BBA/ BA in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics with minimum 45% marks
||Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks Or BA in Elective English with at least 45% marks
||BBA, B.Com or equivalent degree
|Post Graduate Diploma
||Bachelor’s Degree (BA, B.Sc, B.Com, BCA) with Mathematics upto 10+2 level Or BE/ B.Tech degree or nay other recognized examination
||Graduation or Post graduation degree with minimum 45% marks
|Personal Management and Labor Welfare
|Masters in Entrepreneurship and Family Business (MEFB)
||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 50% marks Or Pass in final examination by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or ICWA or ICSI
||PUCET + Merit Based
SD College Chandigarh Ph.D. Courses Admission 2023
GGDSD offers Ph.D. in Chemistry and Biotechnology with 5 seats in each.
Candidates who hold M.Sc. in Chemistry and have qualified National level Ph.D. exam or Ph.D. Test conducted by PU are considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. in Chemistry. Similarly, those who have Master’s Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University are eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. in Biotechnology.
Admission to the Ph.D. program is given on the basis of candidate’s performance in Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by PU, or Merit of UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ GATE/ National Level Ph.D. Entrance Test as per the instructions of Panjab University.
||M.Sc. in Chemistry from a recognized university
||PUCET/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET, GATE, National level Ph.D. Test
||Post-Graduation in relevant discipline
SD College Chandigarh Application Process 2023
Candidates shall apply separately for Centralized Admission in BBA, BCA, B.Sc., M.Com, M.Sc. programs and Non-Centralized Admission in B.Voc, BA, M.Com, and M.Sc.(IT) programs. Separate links are provided on the college’s website for centralized and non-centralized admission.
How to Apply:
- Go to the website of the college.
- Click on “Online Admission” link and click on the centralized or non-centralized admission notification link.
- Register yourself with your name, email id, and mobile no.
- Post registration, a user id and password will be sent to the registered mobile no.
- Log in to your account using the id and password.
- Fill up the application form with correct details and upload the required documents.
- Candidate can pay the application fees with either online or by offline mode.
- For Online mode, pay the application fee through Net Banking, Credit or Debit card.
- For Offline mode, pay the application fee through scratch card brought from the college office or through fee challan.
- Submit the application form.
- Application Fees: INR 800
- Aadhaar card
- PU CET rank card (if applicable)
- Marksheet of 10th/ 10+2
- Marksheet of Last exam
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Reservation Certificate
- Gap year Certificate
- Sub-Category Certificate
- Anti-Ragging Certificate
- Sports Graduation Certificate
Note: The College follows centralised admission process for which each candidate need to register themselves at official website of DHE, Chandigarh, India.