Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI), Noida Overview
Footwear Design & Development Institute was established in 1986, under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India with major objectives:
- To Develop Human Resources within the country by imparting appropriate knowledge and skills to promote the rapid growth of footwear and allied industry in the country.
- To provide and develop appropriate infrastructure for the Indian footwear industry to enable it attain international standards of production and
- To particularly promote the growth of export production of quality footwear and allied products from the country.
FDDI is playing a key role in imparting education, facilitating the Indian industry by bridging the skill gap in the areas of Footwear, Leather Accessory & life style product, and because of its continuous contribution towards nation building, FDDI has been granted the status of “An Institution of National Importance” under the FDDI Act 2017.
FDDI is a premier academic and training institution dedicated to the development and growth of the Footwear & Product, Leather Products, Retail and Fashion Merchandise and Fashion Design sectors. FDDI has Pan India Presence with 12 state-of art campuses spread across the country.
It has world class Infrastructure & Facilities (equipped with Smart Class Rooms, Workshops with latest machineries & equipment’s, High tech IT lab, High end Product development centre, International Testing centre, Comprehensive Library, Auditorium & Sports facilities, and In campus Hostels etc.), created across the functional domain to ensure international standards of higher education, training & delivery for Footwear, Leather products, Retail and Allied Industries - 360° interventions under one umbrella.
The Institute is awarded with prestigious certifications and accreditations such as ISO 17025 accreditation by DAkkS- Germany, SATRA Technology Center- UK, ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 Certification and Bureau of Indian Standard Certification among various others.
FDDI offers Bachelor and Master degree programmes in the areas of Footwear Design & Production, Production and Management and Retail & Fashion Merchandise, Leather Goods and Accessories Design and Fashion Design, besides offering short term Industry specific programmes.
FDDI is known for nurturing high end trained specialized professionals through its programmes. The Institute has a strong Alumni base and strong industry linkage. Almost all the leading Industries of the country are associated with the Institute and have a key participation in academic matters such as Programme design, curriculum upgradation, expertise lectures, as academic and governing council members etc. Due to the excellent quality of skill development, contemporary industry oriented curriculum and hands on experience on state of the art machine and workshops, FDDI holds an excellent record of placements in the industry.
Master Degree Programmes
- M.Des.Footwear Design & Production (FDP)
- MBA Retail & Fashion Merchandise (RFM)
Bachelor Degree Programmes
- B.Des.Footwear Design & Production (FDP)
- BBA Retail & Fashion Merchandise (RFM)
- B. Des.Leather Goods & Accessories Design (LGAD)
- B. Des.Fashion Design (FD)