Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth – [DPU], Pune Overview
Dr D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth is providing the students with the best of facilities and excellent education. The University is remarkable because the students passing out have been placed very well. It comprises of Padmashree Dr D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pimpri, Pune.
- Dr D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth got its status of University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 on 2003 of the Government of India, MHRD and UGC New Delhi.
- It was accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC with CGPA of 3.08 in September 2009 for five years
- It provides for one of the best medical colleges
- The MBBS course that is conferred is recognised by the Government of Malaysia
- It is also a member of the (AIU) Association of Indian Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- MoUs with Foreign Universities: John Hopkins University, USA, Miami University, USA, and the University of Skovde, Sweden for Research and Academic Collaboration.
- MoUs with Industries: Indian Oil Corporation, Serum Institute of India, Zydus Cadila Research Center, C-DAC, Pune, GVK BIO Bangalore,Biozeen, Geneva Biopharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Genova Biotech & Biopharmaceuticals and CIPLA
- Research is significant for the academic development of the University. The students are given the scope to go for research works. A vast number of teachers are involved in the research works.