Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DAIICT), Gandhi Nagar Overview
Founded in the year 2001, Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, abbreviated as DAIICT is a non-affiliating private institution situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
The college is promoted by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group and administered by the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation. It is named after the late Indian entrepreneur and founder of the Reliance group, Dhirubhai Ambani.
The institute provides various UG, PG and Doctoral programmes in Design and Engineering consisting of courses like B.Tech, M.Des, M.Tech, M.Sc. and PhD Admission to these courses is conducted on the basis of performance in Entrance Exams like JEE Main for B.Tech. and GATE for M.Tech.
DAIICT Gandhinagar offers a total of two Undergraduate courses, three Postgraduate courses and one Doctoral programme.
Today DAIICT ranking is 91 in the college rankings of NIRF 2019. It was previously ranked 70 in 2017. The college had an all-time best rank of 51 awarded by The Week in 2016.
DAIICT faculty is considered to be highly qualified, with most professors having graduated from IITs and other foreign institutes. The teachers are knowledgeable, interactive and helpful. Also, there are no attendance criteria for students at DAIICT.
DAIICT Gandhinagar Courses offered and Fee Structure
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology in Gandhinagar provides degrees in branches like Design, Engineering, IT & Software and Science. DAIICT courses include B.E./B.Tech, M.Des, M.E./M.Tech, M.Sc. and PhD.
Following is a brief discussion of the academic structure of the DAIICT Gandhinagar courses. To know DAIICT admission 2019 details visit their official website.
DAIICT Gandhinagar Course Highlights
- DAIICT Gandhinagar offers a full-time four-year-long B.Tech programme. Aspiring candidates need to clear their senior secondary examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Computer Science or Biotechnology or Biology from a recognised board/university. DAIICT Gandhinagar fees for the B.Tech degree is 7.28 lakhs.
- DAIICT M.Tech programme is offered for a period of two years. DAIICT fee structure for M.tech is 2.88 lakhs. Candidates need to clear their B.E./B.Tech. degree in ICT or allied disciplines such as CS, EE or EC or an M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or Statistics with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- DAIICT Gandhinagar also conducts a 3-year full-time PhD programme. DAIICT fees for the PhD program is 1.2 lakhs. The candidate needs to have a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in ICT, EE, EC, CS, IT, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electronics, Bioinformatics or other relevant streams with a minimum score of 60%.
The DAIICT admission 2018 procedure for the engineering courses are as follows –
- BE / B.Tech admission - DAIICT admission for the course is based on the JEE Mains cut-offs, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) - Government of India, stated by the institution itself followed by various rounds of counselling depending on the desired course or stream. Foreign candidates will be assessed on their performance in SAT Subject Tests and AP tests at A-level in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- ME / M.Tech admission - Admission is conducted on the basis of the marks scored by candidates in their GATE exam in the streams of Computer Science and Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics only.
- PhD admission - Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in DAIICT’s PhD entrance test or their scores in the GATE, CSIR-NET or JEST exams or CPI in M.Tech (ICT) for DAIICT graduates followed by a personal interview.
DAIICT Gandhinagar Placements
The placement environment at DAIICT is quite good providing jobs to almost 90% of students with the rest opting to pursue higher studies. DAIICT placement rate in various fields has increased over the years. DAIICT M.tech placements are getting better each year. The package comparisons of the last three year of DAIICT placements:
- Maximum Package offered (2019) - 39.30 Lakhs
- Average Package offered (2019) - 10.16 Lakhs
- Maximum Package offered (2018) - 29.30 Lakhs
- Average Package offered (2018) - 10.45 Lakhs
- Maximum Package offered (2017) - 40.00 Lakhs
- Average Package offered (2017) - 9.09 Lakhs
Following is a brief analysis of DAIICT Gandhinagar placement scenario for the year 2018.
|Company||No. of Offers||CTC (in LPA)|
|Directi||7||14.50 to 29.30|
|HSBC||7||7.00 to 12.00|
|Infosys||28||3.30 to 8.00|
DAIICT Gandhinagar Result and Cut-off
Admission to Undergraduate level courses is done based on JEE Mains scores. DAIICT cutoff for undergraduate courses is declared after JEE Mains scores are released. DAIICT application form 2018 was available on their official website, candidates can check the same to know all the information needed to remember.
Mentioned below is the DAIICT cut off for JEE Mains 2017, of the B.E./B.Tech programme (Round 1):
|Hons. in ICT with Minor in Computational Sciences (CS)||2226||7264|
|Information and Communication Technology||1785||12261|
The DAIICT Gandhinagar cutoff (2018) for the GUJCET exam is as follows:
|B.tech Hons. in ICT with Minor in Computational Sciences (CS)||3||40||109||223||309||1451|
|B.tech Information and Communication Technology||25||151||421||1116||1148||32477|
DAIICT Gandhinagar Alumni Network
The DAIICT Alumni Association aims to build a lifelong relationship between the students and their alma mater. The association organises events and celebrations to re-connect the college alumni, and thus create a memorable Institute experience for them.
The mission is to weave a strong network of ex-students with the present students and nurture the same, enabling them to stay involved with the Institute till the very end.
DAIICT Gandhinagar Scholarships
DAIICT Gandhinagar offers its students scholarships and reward schemes based on the following two categories:
- Scholarship of Merit: Scholarships will be offered to the top five rankers in JEE Mains who take admission into the college, with an All India Rank less than 5,000.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Scholarships will be offered to the top five rankers in JEE Mains who take admission into the college, on the basis of a test. To be eligible for the scholarship, the annual family income of the candidate should be less than INR 3,00,000 per annum. Selected applicants need to submit financial documents and proofs before being awarded the scholarship.
DAIICT Gandhinagar Campus Facility
DAIICT address is Near Reliance Chokdi, DAIICT Road, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382007.
Following are a few of the facilities available at the DAIICT campus.
- Library: The library at DAIICT Gandhinagar keeps a rich stock of around 31020 books, 11230 e-books, 78 print journals, 5674 e-journals, 663 theses, 10 databases and 3913 audiovisual material in the fields of ICT, humanities and social science. The college also has a collaboration with the National Digital Library of India (NDLI) and the Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET).
- Hostel: DAIICT has two main hostels, one for boys and another for girls. The rooms are equipped with facilities like bed, table, chair, cupboard, internet facility at a nominal per semester charge, hot water, laundry and TV. Hostel lodging is compulsory for B.Tech. students.
- Location: The official DAIICT Gandhinagar address is already mentioned above. The college is 16 km from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport and 8 km from the Gandhinagar Capital Railway Station.
|The Times Group||83|