China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) Shanghai Overview
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) Shanghai was established on November 8, 1994, in Shanghai. Based on its campus in the Pudong district, the school is a non-profit joint venture formed under an agreement between the Ministry of Foreign Trade & Economic Co-operation (now called The Ministry of Commerce) and the European Commission.
Today, CEIBS Shanghai also has offices and operates courses in Beijing, Shenzhen & Africa. Today, CEIBS also has campuses in China's political capital, Beijing, and Zurich in the heart of Europe. CEIBS also operates programmes from its facilities in Shenzhen to China's south and Accra in Africa. CEIBS Shanghai is mainland China's leading business school, with three courses globally ranked by the Financial Times (FT).
- Finance MBA
- Executive MBA
- Executive Education
- Programmes in Africa
Rankings & Accreditation
In the 24 years since its launch, the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) has solidified its reputation as the leading international business school in Asia. CEIBS is the first business school on the Chinese mainland to have been accredited by both EQUIS and AACSB and the only business school in Asia to have simultaneously made it to the Financial Times’ top 10 list of MBA and EMBA programmes.
Top-tier global rankings
The CEIBS MBA Programme has ranked within the Top 25 of the Financial Times' annual global business school survey for 14 consecutive years (2005-2018). The Global EMBA Programme was #5 worldwide and the highest ranked stand-alone in 2018. For more details, see below.
CEIBS MBA Programme:
- #1 in Asia, #8 globally full-time MBA Programme (2018): Financial Times
- #1 in Asia, #3 globally among 2-year programmes outside the US, 2017: Forbes Magazine
- #1 in China 2011, 2007 & 2006 (3 consecutive surveys): Bloomberg Businessweek China
- #1 "Most Valuable Full-time MBA Programme in China" (for five consecutive surveys in 2005-2007, 2010, 2012): Forbes China
- #26 full-time MBA in the world (2017): Bloomberg Businessweek
- "Best Business School in China" (2014, 2011, 2010, 2009): Eduniversal (award chosen by 1,000 international b-school deans)
- #9 among "Top B-schools in Asia/Australasia" (2011) QS Top MBA
- #15 among Best International Schools - Poets & Quants 2016
CEIBS Global EMBA Programme:
- Top 20 Globally for 9 Consecutive Years (2010-2018), #5 worldwide and highest ranked stand-alone programme in 2018: Financial Times
In December 2008, CEIBS received accreditation from AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
CEIBS now holds the distinction of having received accreditation from the US and European standard accrediting bodies.
In 2004, CEIBS received international accreditation from the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), making it the first school in mainland China to receive this international accreditation. EQUIS is a renowned international system of quality assessment, improvement, and accreditation of higher education institutions in management and business administration.
In 2007, EQUIS awarded CEIBS with renewal of its accreditation. The new EQUIS certificate ensured CEIBS' accreditation for five years. Accreditation was renewed in 2012, for another 5 years.
In 2002, the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council of China formally recognised the CEIBS MBA degree.