Brainware University, Kolkata, a part of 33-year-old education group, Brainware of West Bengal. It is the brainchild of Mr. Phalguni Mookhopadhayay, its hands-on chancellor, whose flair vision has transformed Brainware University into one of the best crucibles of learning in a short period of five years. Established in the year 2016 as a UGC recognized, private state university in West Bengal, Brainware University offers over 55 PhD, PG, UG, Diploma and Skills programs. Admission to the Brainware University Kolkata is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Brainware Entrance Test.
The placement record of Brainware University shows an impressive record with over 90% of the students being placed in 2018. For its 2021 batch, the university has set provided 98% placement to the students. The highest package at the university is offered at INR 16 LPA by Adobe. Some of the potential employers are Amazon, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Adobe, BYJU’s, Pinnacle. For over 33 years now, more than 2 lakh students have passed out from Brainware and most of them are now well-established and growing in their fieldwork. The university provides a well-stocked library with national and international journals, providing adequate resources to the students for academic pursuits.
Brainware University also organizes seminars, workshops, fests for students. In this pandemic, the university has organized online classes to help the students continue their studies without a gap. The university also provides world-class infrastructure, modern labs and workshops, emphasis on research and extension activities, highly qualified faculty, pre-placement grooming, soft skills training, a pan-India network of clients and consultants. Brainware Students also have the option to join different types of clubs namely, photography clubs, tech clubs, communication clubs, and more.
Brainware University Highlights
||AICTE, DSIR, Ministry of MSME
||PCI, AIU, BCI, UGC, WBNC, INC
||UG, PG, Diploma & PhD
||Merit-based & Entrance-based
||University-level: Brainware Entrance Test
||INR 16 LPA
||Hostels, Wifi enabled campus, Library, Eateries, ATM facilities, etc
||+91 9007002929, +91 9831316035
||398, Ramkrishnapur Road, Barasat, Near Jagadighata Market, Kolkata, West Bengal- 700125
Brainware University Courses
The university offers various UG, PG, Diploma and PhD courses in the discipline of Engineering, Management, Law, Commerce and many more. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|Computer Science & Engineering
||B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry), Diploma
||BBA – LLB, LL.B
|Medical & Allied Health Sciences
||B.Sc, B.Opt, B.Pharm, D.Pharm, BPT, B.Pharm (LE), Diploma
|Cyber Science & Technology
|Media Science & Journalism
|English & Literary Studies
Brainware University Engineering
The University offers B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral Entry). Additionally, at the PG level, the University offers an M.Tech course.
- 10+2 examination with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks and 45% marks in PCM/PCB with passing marks in Theory and Practical and in English.
- For admission to B.Tech Lateral entry, the candidates must have passed Diploma or B.Sc with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
- Admission to the M.Tech program is done on the basis of 50% aggregate marks in the B.Tech program.
Brainware University Management
Under this department, Brainware University offers BBA and MBA courses.
- For BBA, the minimum eligibility is that the candidate must have passed Std. 10+2 examination in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks.
- For MBA, the minimum eligibility is that the candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with 40% marks.
Brainware University Law
The university offers BBA LLB, LL.B at the undergraduate level and LLM program at the postgraduate level.
- The eligibility criteria for BBA LLB is 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (42% for OBC & 40% for SC/ST).
- For LLB, 45% marks in Graduation (42% for OBC & 40% for SC/ST).
- For LLM, 45% marks in LLB (42% for OBC & 40% for SC/ST).
Brainware University PhD
The university offers PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Management, Commerce, Computer Science and Mathematics.
- Must have passed post-graduation with 55% marks in the relevant discipline.
Brainware University Admissions
The candidates can apply to Brainware University through online mode. The candidates will be selected on the basis of valid marks obtained in the Brainware Entrance Test. Mentioned below are the steps to how to apply for the courses offered at the University.
How to Apply?
- Select your program from Degree or Diploma.
- Apply Online or Contact Admission Department 1800 419 4292.
- Get/Ask for an online admission form.
- Fill up the online admission form.
- Appear Brainware Entrance Test (BET).
- Send all the documents as soft copies to the contact person by mail/Whatsapp.
- Make payment (through NEFT, IMPS, UPI) and send the payment details to the contact person by mail/Whatsapp
- Complete the procedure of "Anti-Ragging form". The admission cell will guide you for this.
- Brainware University will issue an Admission Letter to confirm the completion of the admission procedure.
- Class 10 Admit (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Class 10 Marksheet (self attested2 photocopies)
- Class 10 Certificate (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Class 12 Marksheet (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Adhar Card (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- School Leaving Certificate (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Character Certificate (recent) (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Blood Group Report (self-attested 1 photocopy)
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority (self-attested 2 photocopies)
- Stamp sized 2 coloured photos (write name on the backside of each photo)
- Disability Certificate (self-attested 2 photocopies), if applicable
Brainware University Placements
Brainware University has placed 90% of its first outgoing master's degree batch 2018. Over the past four years, this record has reached heights of success and never fell below 90%. Even in the Covid year 2021, 98% of students of the outgoing batch secured lucrative job opportunities pan India. This is the result of meticulous planning, pre-placement training from day one of admissions and tireless work by the large placement team spread across India. The team is constantly in touch with over 500 recruiters. The university has devised a three-pronged training module that sharpens the students' aptitude, business communication and HR skills.
All the academic departments work in close coordination with the placement team to ensure effective student performance mapping. Besides hands-on training, internships, opportunities to work on live projects and interactions with industrial and corporate leaders help our students to become job-ready. The placement team has conducted surveys in Pune, Nasik, Ahmedabad, Delhi and Kolkata. Several firms have already signed Placement MoUs with the assurance that students completing their academic programs from Brainware will be hired.
Brainware University Placement 2021-22 Report
|Pan India Recruiters
||INR 16 LPA (by Adobe)
||INR 3.5 LPA
||Adobe, IBM, Nestle, Jaro Education, TCS, Justdial, AI Workspace, Genpact, Concentrix, Cognizant, Wipro, Infosys and Net Technologies and many more
Brainware University Scholarships
The University provides various scholarships to the students. Apart from the scholarships offered by the University, the students can also avail scholarships offered by the Central and the West Bengal government.
- Student Scholarship Schemes: Eligible students can apply for Scholarships under different schemes of Central Government and State Governments.
- Kanyashree Prakalpa: This scholarship can be availed only by the girl's students according to the norms of the government.
- Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means scholarship: This scholarship is granted to the students on merit cum means criteria.
- Scholarships for SC, ST & OBC students in West Bengal: This scholarship can be availed by the students according to the norms of the West Bengal Government.
- National Scholarship: It consists of Central Schemes, UGC/AICTE Schemes and State Schemes offered to deserving students.
- West Bengal Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (Nabanna) Scholarship
- West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
Brainware University Facilities
- Library: The University has a huge library stocked with over 15000+ collections of books, journals, magazines, e-books, etc. The entire library collection is computerized and is electronically accessible through WEB-OPAC. The library also provides access to digital resources in the form of CDs, DVDs, e-books, e-resources, databases, etc. The library further has institutional membership of the British Council Library and Chitrabani Library etc.
- Health care facilities: The University provides health care facilities to the students by providing First-Aid, a vehicle for conveyance to hospitals and other basic facilities. A separate room (sick room) is also provided.
- Eateries: The University provides two eating joints under FSSAI licensed for its students, faculty and staff members which is the Canteen and the other is the Food Court. The canteen serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.
- ATM Facilities: Brainware University has an IDBI bank ATM machine installed within its campus to cater to the financial needs of all its students and staff. It helps the students to have fast and easy access to obtaining cash for their personal and educational needs while being away from home.
- Seminar Hall and Conference Room: Brainware University houses three state-of-the-art and spacious, seminar rooms. with a seating capacity of more than two hundred in each hall, the rooms are designed to facilitate the teaching-learning process using modern technological aids. The University Conference Room is spanned over a wide area and capable of accommodating hundreds of spectators at the same time.
- Moot Court: A Moot Court is a platform that equips the law students to analyze and argue both sides of a hypothetical legal issue using procedures modeled after those employed in actual courtroom proceedings. It gives the students a practical learning exposure related to the various aspects of court proceedings, legal and oral arguments, procedure for research, analysis and writing and various other best court practices.
- Photo Studio: The Photo Studio in the Department of Multimedia at Brainware University is one of its kind in the entire state of West Bengal. Equipped with 4 state-of-the-art Mac machines to edit and capture hi-resolution photos, the studio boasts of photo frame equipment that takes impressions of both live models with corresponding light settings as well as that of products to be sold. Students of the 2nd semester are given hands-on training in the said studio.
- Common Room: Brainware University has well-equipped common rooms for students to sit back and relax. These rooms are safe spaces for students to bond with each other and celebrate those priceless moments which make university life so precious for us all. It is a perfect spot for a chat between classes or a round of carrom.
Brainware University Faculty
The faculty at the college are highly qualified and well experienced. Most of the faculty members are PhD holders and are also involved in various research publications. They are graduates from the best universities all over the world. They are very helpful and with their experience and knowledge serve as the perfect role models for the students.
Brainware University FAQs
Q. Does Brainware University provide hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes. Brainware University provides separate hostels for both boys and girls equipped with basic furniture, WiFi connectivity, a common room with TV, indoor games, etc. Every hostel has its own warden, who takes care of any trouble or difficulty faced by any student at any point of time on their stay on campus. In order to ensure safety within the premises of the hostel, there is a security service 24×7.
Q. Does Brainware University provide part-time courses?
Ans. No, the university does not provide any part-time courses. All the courses offered by the Brainware University are full-time programs.
Q. Is there any assistance from Brainware University for bank loans?
Ans. The University has tied up with IDBI Bank. Brainware University acts as a mediator between you and the Bank. Depending on the fulfillment of the required criteria, the bank will disburse the loan.
Q. What are the specializations offered in the Diploma program at Brainware University?
Ans. The Diploma course at Brainware University is offered under various specializations namely, Engineering, Medical & Allied Health Sciences and Pharmacy. The candidates who have passed their 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible to apply for admission.
Q. I am a final-year student. Can I apply for admission at Brainware University?
Ans. Yes. You can provisionally book your seat at Brainware University before you get the final result. After getting the final result, submit it and your seat will be reserved, if you have scored the qualifying marks.