XAT 2019 will be conducted on Sunday, January 6, 2019.
XAT 2019: Schedule & Important Dates
Registration for XAT 2019 is to open on 20th August and candidates can apply till 30th November, 2018. The exam itself will take place on 6th January.
|Notification released||14th August, 2018||XAT Official Website|
|Registration Process||20th August, 2018||XAT Registration|
|Last date for registration||30th November, 2018||–|
|Admit card release date||To be updated||To be updated|
|Exam date||6th January, 2019 (10:00 am to 1:00 pm)||–|
|Result announcement||Second week of January, 2019 (Tentative)||Last week of January 2019|
Management aspirants who wish to apply for XAT 2019 must fulfil the eligibility criteria as prescribed by XLRI.
I. Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University or Institute. The minimum duration of the programme has to be three years.
(Candidates with less than 50% in graduation are also eligible to apply.)
(Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply provided they complete the programme within the stipulated schedule, which is most likely to be by June 2019.)
II. Age limit
There is no age limit to apply for XAT 2019.
XAT 2018: Application and Registration
Registration and application process for XAT 2019 will be conducted online via the official website. The general process is as listed below:
- Candidates would need to enter their basic information like name and contact details.
- Then, they will receive the login credentials through which they have to log in to the website and complete the XAT 2019 application process.
- To complete the application process, candidates would need to enter the personal details, academic details, and professional details. They would also need to select XLRI programmes (optional), and upload photograph and signature.
- The final step is paying the application fee.
Here are some instructions for the registration process:
- Once you complete filling the Basic Information a system generated XAT ID and password will be communicated to you through Email / SMS.
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated “XAT ID”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Admit Card.
- Please quote your email (provided during the registration) and XAT ID for all future communication
- Please ensure that you provide a valid email address and mobile number.
- Please ensure that you use your personal email address only as your primary email address in the application.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org as trusted sources in the anti-Spam software of your email. Otherwise, either you will not receive important emails or they will get delivered to your Spam/junk folder.
- Please access your emails regularly and ensure that your inbox is accessible.
- Please note that the XAT ID and password gives you an individual login on www.xatonline.in and on frequent intervals, you need to check for mails from XAT & other associated institutes.
- Please ensure that you give your correct mobile No. to receive SMS alerts.
Document Upload Instructions
File Size Specifications (2018)
|Photograph of the Applicant (4.5cm × 3.5cm)||200 x 230 pixels (preferred)||20kb–50 kb||Image file should be JPG or JPEG format|
|Signature of the Applicant||140 x 60 pixels (preferred)||10kb – 20kb||CAPITAL LETTERS NOT accepted|
XAT Fee and Payment
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1700/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) – Rs. 2000/-
Candidates interested in XLRI programmes needs to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
As per the XAT website, the overall pattern for XAT 2019 remains same as last year but there will be no essay. XAT 2019 will be a computer-based test (online) of 180 minutes duration. The exam comprises of four sections, namely VA & LR, DM, QA & DI, and GK.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam consist of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
XAT Marking Scheme
- Each question will carry 1 mark
- For each wrong answer, 1/4th of the total marks allotted to a question will be deducted.
- There is negative marking of 0.05 marks also involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 8.
XAT 2019 Exam Syllabus
The CAT exam does not have a defined syllabus for XAT preparation. However, the sections can be broadly divided into sub-topics for practice purposes. Refer to the same below:
I. (A) Verbal Ability
- Verbal reasoning.
- Antonyms and synonyms.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Sentence correction.
- Idioms, etc.
- Reading comprehension.
I. (B) Logical Reasoning
- Direction sense.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Binary logic.
- Seating arrangement.
- Coding & Decoding.
- Blood relations.
- Logical sequence.
- Data structure.
- Linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
II. (A) Data Interpretation
- Interpretation and analysis of data based on
- Text, tables,
- Graphs (line, area),
- Charts (column, bar, pie),
- Venn diagram, etc.
II. (B) Quantitative Ability
- Number systems.
- Permutation combination.
- Time and work.
- LCM & HCF.
- Profit and loss.
- Quadratic and linear equations, etc.
For more information about similar news and opportunities, navigate our website using the following links: