VIT Business School was found in the year 1994 as the department of management sciences. Commonly known as VIT University, the VIT business school is a part of Vellore Institute of Technology.
VIT business school is currently imparting education programs in MBA, BBA, and Ph.D. programs. The programs at VIT are accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
General instructions for the admission process:
The candidates who are willing to apply for the VIT business school has to first know about the universities criteria. The candidates who are eligible for applying for the programs have to know about the eligibility criteria, fees, etc. the candidates should have the CAT, XAT, GMAT, CMAT, and MAT scores for the MBA courses offered by the institute. The application form will be available on the official website of VIT. The candidates are asked to fill the application form with keen attention. The photo size and signature size of the candidates should be as mentioned. The candidates will be asked to provide the documents for the verification process. The candidates are supposed to bring the original documents that are required.
The programs offered by VIT business school:
MBA: The course period is of 2 years with 4 semesters. There are about 240 seats available for the year 2019. The exams that are accepted by the VIT business school is CAT, CMAT, XAT, MAT, and GMAT. The candidates should have taken any one of the exams mentioned and that should be made available before the last date of the application. MBA course is a full-time course.
BBA: Bachelor of Business Administration is a three-year full-time course in VIT.
Ph.D. management full-time: doctor of philosophy in management is 2 to 10 years; the students have to finish between the timeline obtaining the degree of Ph.D.
Ph.D. Management Part-time: This program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including the course work and a maximum of six years course work. The extension beyond the above limits will be governed as stipulated in the relevant clauses of statue/ordinance of the individual institution concerned.
The application form for admissions to VIT business school MBA program has been made available on the official website. The following are the steps to fill the application form of VIT Business School.
- Enter the details carefully for first time registration.
- A password will be sent from VIT to the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Log in using the registered email address with the password received from VIT.
- Enter all the relevant details like name, gender, address, email ID, etc.
- Upload the passport size color photograph with 3.5 ×4.5 cm in jpg/jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB. (Selfie photo is not allowed)
- Then upload the signature with the dimension of 6cm width × 2cm height in jpg/jpeg format with a maximum file size of 200 KB.
- Application fee can be paid through online mode through net banking, debit card/ credit card.
- Check the application form before submitting.
- After the submission of the form, an application form will be generated.
Through speed post, send the hardcopy of the application form addressed to “The Director-PG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore-623014, Tamil Nadu, and India.
Eligibility criteria for all the courses in VIT Business School are mentioned below:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks in an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/ College.
- After the completion of higher secondary education or equivalent, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years duration course.
- The candidates should have studied in regular whole-time programmes.
- The candidate appearing for final year exam in the present academic year and waiting for the results to get published before August is also eligible to apply.
- Significant work experience will be an added advantage.
- The candidates should have taken one national level management test before the last date of the application submission.
- The candidate must have passed the higher secondary exam or its equivalent exam with a minimum of 70% overall aggregate marks.
- Candidates must have studied commerce/accountancy/mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates should have passed in post-graduate degree from a recognized university.
The Selection process in VIT Business School:
The candidates who satisfy the above eligibility will be eligible for the further selection process. The candidates have to appear for the Written Admission Test (WAT) and Personal Interview(PI). Admissions to MBA program will be made on the following parameters:
- Academic performance
- Profile scoring like recognition, work experience etc.
- Written Admission Test.
- Personal Interview Score.
- Management Aptitude Tests Scores.
- The candidates will be called for counseling in the order of merit based on the total of total marks secured in the +2 / higher secondary examination.
- The candidate’s overall merit index formed on the basis of previous academic excellence, any work experience and performance in written test and personal interview.
- The candidates appeared in CSIR-UGC-NET are exempted from the written test.
- The weight age given to the bachelor’s degree is 20%, master’s degree is 20%, written assessment test or interview is 60%.
Admissions for non-engineering undergraduate programmes are granted on the basis of the candidate’s 12th standard board exam results. It is compulsory for every candidate to have studied mathematics as a regular subject to be considered for admission.
- MBA fees for four courses system management, business analytics, finance, and human resource management. The course duration is 2 years.
|Year 1||Year 2||Total|
- BBA fees for IB, General, banking and insurance, and retail management. The duration of the courses is 3 years.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Total|
|Rs. 56000||Rs. 55000||Rs. 55000||Rs.166000|
- D. management studies: the duration of the course is 3 years.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Total|
|Rs.20900||Rs. 20900||Rs. 30900||Rs. 72700|