UPTET (Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test) is conducted by the basic education board, Uttar Pradesh for a person to be eligible for the appointment for the classes I to VIII in the schools of Uttar Pradesh.
UPTET eligibility criteria for Primary Teachers for Class I to V:
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with 50% minimum marks from a recognized university and 2 years diploma from NCTE or RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) or
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years BTC, CT (nursery) / NTT (Nursery Teacher Training) or
- Bachelor’s degree and qualification in special BTC training or
- Bachelors degree with 2 years and BTC Urdu special training in UP or
- Bachelor’s degree and a diploma in teaching from Aligarh Muslim University for Urdu teacher or Moallim-E-Urdu degree before 11th August 1997.
UPTET eligibility criteria for Upper Primary Teachers for class VI to VIII:
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree and BTC NCTE approved institute or
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% minimum marks and B. Ed/ B. Ed Special Education from Rehabilitation Council of India or
- Intermediate 10th and 12th with 50% minimum marks and 4 years BA/BSC Ed/ BA Ed/ from NCTE/ UGC recognized institute or
- Intermediate 10th and 12th with 50% minimum marks and 4-year degree B.El.Ed in primary education or
- Bachelor’s degree with 45% minimum marks and B. Ed degree.
The following age limit for the candidates appearing for the UPTET exam is as given:
|OBC||18 to 38 years|
|UR||18 to 35 years|
|SC/ST||18 to 40 years|
|PH||18 to 45 years|
The Number of attempts:
There is no restriction on the number of attempts to appear for the UPTET exam 2019.
- The candidate appearing for the UPTET exam 2019 should be a citizen of India.
- The candidates belonging to Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet are also eligible to appear for the UPTET exam.