The application for the Combined Defence Services has now opened up on the official website of UPSC. This application process is for the exam that is to take place on 2nd February 2020. This CDS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). UPSC is India’s premier central hiring agency.
It is responsible for the placement of various candidates at All India Services and Group A and Group B of Central Services. It also requires the consultation of Government for matters relating to appointment, transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. It has its headquarters at Dholpur House in New Delhi. Arvind Saxena has been the Chairman of UPSC since June 2018.
Through this exam, there are in total 418 posts which are to be filled in. selected candidates will be placed in various organisations of CDS such as Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The application for this exam opened on 30th October 2019.
The application process is to be completed on the official website of UPSC, i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. The candidates can apply on the link given above or they can also apply through: www.upsconline.nic.in. This exam is conducted biannually by UPSC in February and September. The exam consists of three sections: General Knowledge, Elementary Maths and English Language.
The candidates are advised to complete the application process before 19th November 2019, which is the last date and the time limit is up to 6.00 pm. The minimum education qualification is a degree from a recognized university or an institute. Candidates can get admission at the following places:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
UPSC will conduct a written examination which will be followed by an interview for assessing the intelligence and then a personality test for shortlisted candidates. The admit card for the exam will be released about three weeks prior to the written examination. However, the women candidates should note that they are eligible for only the Short Service Commission course at Officers Training Academy.
Details of vacancies
From a total of 418 vacancies to be filled, the different openings available are: –
- Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun: 100 posts
- Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala: 45 posts
- Air Force Academy (AFA): 32 posts
- Officers Training Academy (OTA): 225 posts
- Officers Training Academy Non-Technical: 16 posts
|1||Application process start||30th October 2019|
|2||Application process ends||19th November, 6.00 PM|
|3||Exam||2nd February 2020|
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for UPSC CDS Examination 2019- PaGaLGuY
How to complete the online application of UPSC CDS
The application process can be completed by following the below-mentioned steps: –
- Step 1: Visit upsc.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the link showing “Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019” on the homepage.
- Step 3: Enter the registration ID and date of birth and click on submit.
- Step 4: Enter personal details which are necessary and give in any kind of ID proof options possible.
- Step 5: Upload a scanned copy of both photo and signature.
- Step 6: Select examination centre
- Step 7: Fill the payment details and accept the declaration mentioned.
- Step 8: Click on submit
- Step 9: Download a copy of the application form for further usage.