UGC made a valiant effort recently to expose the fake universities, self-styled universities. UGC has prepared the list and released it on the internet, and there is 23 list in the university which is not recognized by the commission. In the list of 23 universities, 15 universities have been from Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
Uttar Pradesh leads with a list with eight fake universities; these unrecognized were working as false promotion basis pretending it to be recognized universities. This is to inform the students that those 23 universities are not recognized and to plan their admission process accordingly.
Those universities are:
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya (Varanasi) Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalay
- (Prayagraj) Gandhi Hindi Vidyapeeth (Varanasi) National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy
- (Kanpur) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University (Aligarh) Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya
- (Mathura) Maharana Partap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya (Pratapgarh) Indraprastha Shiksha
- Parishad (Noida) Commercial University Ltd, United Nations University – Delhi Vocational University
- Delhi ADR Centric Juridical University – Delhi Indian Institution of Science and Engineering – Delhi
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University) – Delhi Viswakarma Open University for Self
- Employment – Delhi Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society (Karnataka) St John’s
- University (Kerala) Raja Arabic University (Maharashtra) Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education (Puducherry) Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine – West Bengal, Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research – West Bengal Nababharat Shiksha Parishad – Odisha North Orissa University of
- Agriculture & Technology – Odisha Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad in Lucknow (matter is sub-judice)
For more information on UGC, go through the official website, https://www.ugc.ac.in/ .