The NMAT by GMAC™ exam opens doors to the leading management programmes in India. Brought to you by the organization that owns the GMAT® exam, the NMAT by GMAC™ enables schools to recruit top talent with the comfort that the test measures the skills needed to succeed in their programmes. It gives candidates the confidence to perform their best.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is used for admissions to some of the leading graduate business programmes in India. Since becoming a computer based test in 2009, the NMAT by GMAC™ has been at the forefront of measurement in India as a valid and reliable predictor of success in graduate business school.
Schools will have access to one of the more diverse test taking populations in India with some of the highest proportions of women and non-engineers taking the exam. Test takers will have access to practice materials to enhance their preparations.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam has been, and will continue to be, a symbol of quality – enabling test takers to access graduate management education and a career of choice, while providing schools access to top talent.
Why take the NMAT by GMAC™ ?
The Value of the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam
As a candidate interested in pursuing an MBA or other graduate management degree in India you are faced with an important choice – which test or tests should you take to pursue the career of your dreams. Here are four reasons why you should take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam:
It is accepted as an admissions criterion by the leading management institutions in India.
Today the NMAT by GMAC™is accepted by the following leading institutions and this list is growing. Pursuing a management degree at one of these universities makes the pursuit of your dreams that much easier.
- NMIMS University, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Ansal University, Delhi NCR
- ICFAI University, IBS Business School, Hyderabad and other locations
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- Shoolini University, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai
- Thapar University, Chandigarh
- VIT University, Vellore
- Woxsen School of Business, Hyderabad
- Chitkara University, Patiala
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) , Dehradun
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- Institute of Management, JK University, Jaipur
- Shiv Nadar university, Greater Noida
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
It measures the skills needed to succeed in business school.
When entering business school – you want to know that you have what it takes to succeed and graduate with flying colours. Having been selected using an assessment that measures the skills to succeed in business school gives you the confidence that you can handle the curriculum and have a fulfilling b-school experience.
It is designed to give you the confidence to perform to the best of your ability
When appearing for any test, nerves are always a contributing factor in how well you perform on test day. In designing NMAT by GMAC™ we’ve looked at ways to allay those nerves so that you can perform with confidence. Here are some ways that we drive that confidence:
- Taking the test multiple times: You can take the NMAT by GMAC™ three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the confidence that you have more than a single opportunity to perform your very best.
- Choosing the section order: The NMAT by GMAC™ allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- You can revise your answers: You can review your answers at the end of each section so you always have the opportunity to revise if you’re not sure of your original response.
- No negative marking – Sometimes you’re just not sure of the right answer on the test and are running out of time. Well you can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
Finally, it is designed for your convenience
We know that you are busy and the task of registering for the test, taking the test and applying to school can be time consuming and stressful. So we’ve made it more convenient for you:
- Choosing a date, time and location of your convenience: A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date. The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
- Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- Register for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam from your mobile – allowing you to register anytime and anywhere.
- Testing locations – you can choose from any of 32 conveniently located testing centers to take the exam
- Sending scores to up to 7 programmes for free. You can choose to select the list of schools/programmes you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 7 schools/programmes are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 7 schools/programmes before or after you register for an additional fee.
- Applying to business schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.