The countdown for SSC (Staff Selection Commission) CGL (Common Graduate Level) 2017 exam has begun. More than 20 lakh candidates registered for SSC CGL 2017 exam. Today, July 31, the SSC released important guidelines for candidates taking CGL between August 5 to 24, 2017.
- Candidates should not wear charms, veil, items containing metals such as rings, earrings, chains, clothes with full sleeves etc. Candidates are advised to wear open footwear like chappal, floaters, instead of shoes as the candidates would be asked to remove shoes by the frisking staff.
- Candidates are strictly advised to desist from bringing bags, mobile phones, and prohibited items like paper chits, electronic items etc into the examination venue.
- In case they bring any such item, they would have to make their own arrangements for safe custody of such items. The Commission will not make any arrangements.
- Pen/pencil and paper for rough work will be provided in the examination hall. Electronic watch (timer) will be available on the computer screen allotted to the candidates.
- If any such item is found in the possession of a candidate in the examination hall, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled and legal/criminal proceedings could be initiated against him/her, and the candidate will be debarred from appearing in future examinations of the Commission for a period of three years.
- Candidates are also cautioned that they should appear only once for CGL (Tier-1) 2017 and must also refrain from creating any obstruction during the conduct of CGL (Tier-1) 2017. If caught doing so, then above mentioned conditions will be applicable.
- It may also be noted that no re-examination will be conducted if it is found that the examination was disrupted on account of instigation by the candidates.