The Southern Railway is inviting applications from Ex-Servicemen to recruit for the posts of technical safety categories of Southern Railway on a full-time contract basis. Interested and competent candidates who wish to get a job in the government sector can apply for the said vacancies via the official Southern railway website at https://sr.indianrailways.gov.in.
The authorities released the official notification regarding the recruitment, initiating the online application process on 13th August 2019 and the last date to apply is 12th September 2019.
|Commencement of online application process||13th August 2019|
|Closing date to apply for the vacancies||12th September 2019 (before 5 pm)|
- Trackman, Helper (Track Machine),
- Helper (Tele), Helper (Signal),
- Pointsman ‘B’ (SCP), Helper (C&W),
- Helper/Diesel Mechanical,
- Helper/Diesel Electrical, Helper/TRD
Eligibility criteria and age limit:
- Retired Ex-Servicemen who were in service for 15 years and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible for the vacancies engaging in safety categories on a contract basis.
- Service Personnel who are likely to be discharged from military service on or after the date of issue of the official notification will be considered ineligible to apply.
- The upper age limit of the applicant should not be above 50 years of age as on 13th August 2019.
The panel will be formed based on the of Ex-Servicemen’s length of Military service for engaging on a contract basis. Shortlisted Ex-Servicemen will then be summoned for verification of original documents. The candidates are recommended to attend the document verification, along with all relevant original certificates, at the date, time & venue as specified by Railway Recruitment Cell.
A total of 2,393 vacancies are to be fulfilled through this recruitment drive and the engagement will be on full-time contract basis and the remuneration will be on monthly basis comprising of Basic Pay, DA, TA, HRA & Dress allowances wherever applicable. Further vital information regarding the eligibility criteria selection process is also available on the website