The Steel Authority of India Limited, commonly known as SAIL, is one India’s largest steel manufacturing company in India. It is a state-owned enterprise with five integrated steel plants and 3 special steel plants in different cities of India. SAIL is completely governed by the Ministry of Mining and Resources, Government of India. It provides recruitment opportunities from time to time through its official website.
The Steel Authority of India Limited released a notification on 14th November 2019, stating the opening of a new recruitment drive that it will be conducting soon. It is a great opportunity and interested candidates must go through the notification to get the vacancy details.
According to this notification, there are a total of 148 vacancies available for recruitment for several non-executive cadres and other posts. The following are the name of the posts along with the number of vacancies available for recruitment –
- Medical Officer [Dental] – 1 vacancy
- Non-executive Cadre:
Mining Foreman – 40 vacancies
Mining Mate – 51 vacancies
Surveyor (Mines) – 9 vacancies
- Operator-Cum-Technician (Trainee) :
Electrical – 13 vacancies
Chemical – 4 vacancies
Attendant-Cum-Technician (Trainee) – 20 vacancies
Nursing Sister (Trainee) – 10 vacancies
The selection procedure for these examinations will involve a written examination which will be followed by an interview. Candidates are advised to go through the detailed eligibility criteria available on the notification for the recruitment. Failure to meet the eligibility criteria will lead to the disqualification of the candidate.
In order to apply for any of the above posts, candidates will have to follow the steps as mentioned below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of Steel Authority of India Limited, which is http://www.sail.co.in/
- Step-2 : Click on the Careers tab on the homepage.
- Step-3 : Carefully go through the details on the application process before starting to apply.
- Step-4 : Click on the ‘Apply’ link.
- Step-5 : Fill in all the fields correctly. Make sure to double-check all the information.
- Step-6 : Upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature in the application form.
- Step-7 : Make the online payment of the application fees.
- Step-8 : Download the provisional slip generated by the system. It will contain the unique registration number of the candidates.
It must be noted that any mistakes made during the application process will not be entertained by SAIL. The payment once made, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidates will be able to start submitting their applications from 1st December 2019. No more applications will be accepted after 31st December 2019. The date for the release of the admit card and for the written examination will soon be notified by SAIL on its official website.