The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), i.e. Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) first computer-based test is continuing to be carried in the coming months. Around 1,26,30,885 job aspirants have applied to appear in the exam. Only 5-6% of them shall be shortlisted for CBT 2.
According to the official notification number, i.e. CEN 01/2019 the RRB is cautious in shortlisting of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 20 times the vacancies.
Also, there are specifically 35,208 vacancies in RRB NTPC 2019 which indicates that 20 times this number, equals 7,04,160 (seven lakh, four thousand, one hundred and sixty) shall be chosen for the CBT 2. The cutoff shall be done purely based on marks obtained in CBT 1 after normalization.
The official website to get more details about the shortlisting process is http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/.
Shortlisting Criteria based on the Requirement:
- Out of 1,024 vacancies as mentioned above, only 20,480 will be shortlisted.
- Then RRB Ajmer has 1,773, so 35,460 candidates shall be qualified for CBT 2.
- From RRB Allahabad is 4,030 there shall be 80,600 will qualify.
- And from RRB Bangalore are 2,470, around 49,400 will be shortlisted.
- RRB Bhopal has 997 vacancies around 19,940 shall be shortlisted.
- The RRB Bhubaneshwar has 498 vacancies, and 9,960 candidates will be shortlisted for RRB NTPC CBT 2.
- And RRB Bilaspur has 1,207 number of vacancies,24,140 candidates will qualify.
- RRB Chandigarh has 2,483 vacancies,49,660 candidates will qualify from here.
- Fro RRB Chennai, the vacancies stand at 2,694 out of which 53,880 candidates will be shortlisted.
- RRB Gorakhpur has 1,298 vacancies. Thus 25,960 will qualify.
- RRB Guwahati has 851 vacant seats, and 17,020 will qualify based on RRB NTPC 2019 CBT 1.
- RRB Jammu-Srinagar, here the vacancies are 898 in number and 17,960 will be qualified
- RRB Kolkata the jobs are 2,949 only 58,980 will be shortlisted.
- RRB Malda, there are 1,043 vacancies. And 20,860 will qualify for here.
- RRB Mumbai has 3,665 vacancies, and 73,300 will be shortlisted.
- RRB Muzaffarpur there are 329 vacancies so a total of 6,580 candidates will qualify for this RRB.
- RRB Patna has 1,039 vacancies around 20,780 will be shortlisted.
- RRB Ranchi there are 1,386 vacancies, and 27,720 will qualify.
- RRB Secunderabad 3,234 vacancies there shall be 64,680 qualified for RRB NTPC.
- RRB Siliguri has 443 vacancies around 8,860 will be called.
- RRB Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram, the vacancies are 897, which means that 17,940 will be called.
Candidates must stay tuned to the official website for further details and information.