The registration process of JEE Main 2020 will start on 2nd September 2019. This exam is for intaking admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture colleges across the country. Candidates can accumulate more information from the official websites, www.jeemain.nic.in or www.nta.ac.in .
JEE Main will be held in two sessions, January and April. It will be a mandatory process for foreign nationals from this year seeking admission to IITs, NITs and other government-funded colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2020:
- Candidates must score minimum 75 per cent in class 12 board exams or
- Candidates must secure a place among the top 20 percentile of the boards.
- For candidates from SC and ST categories, this is 65 per cent.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2020:
JEE Main is for having engineering as well as architecture entrance.
- The engineering exam will have three parts – mathematics, physics and chemistry with equal weightage.
- The engineering exam will consist of 90 questions, each for four marks. The exam is for 360 marks, and each question is of four marks and for every wrong answer will lead to the deduction of one mark.
- The architecture entrance exam will be divided into two parts – part one will be a computer-based test with mathematics and aptitude test, and Part II will be a drawing test.
After conducting both the sessional exams, a cumulative rank list will be released. Among Indian nationals, the candidates must secure a rank in top 2,45,000 to become eligible to appear for JEE Advanced which is entrance gateway for admission to IITs. Stay tuned to PaGaLGuY group for more updates and information.