This quiz consists of questions from
various past actual CAT papers. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments
section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. The average marks of a student in 10 papers are 80.
If the highest and the lowest scores are not considered, the average is 81. If
his highest score is 92, find the lowest?
a. 55 b. 60 c. 62 d. Cannot be determined
Direction for questions 2 to 4: Answer the
questions based on the following information. A survey of 200 people in a
community who watched at least one of the three channels – BBC, CNN and DD –
showed that 80% of the people watched DD, 22% watched BBC, and 15% watched CNN.
2. What is the maximum percentage of people who can
watch all the three channels?
b. 8.5% c.
15% d. Data
3. If 5% of people watched DD and CNN, 10% watched DD
and BBC, then what percentage of people watched BBC and CNN only?
b. 5% c.
8.5% d. Cannot be
4. Referring to the previous question, what percentage
of people watched all the three channels?
b. 0% c.
8.5% d. Cannot be
5. A man earns x% on the first Rs. 2,000 and y% on the
rest of his income. If he earns Rs. 700 from income of Rs. 4,000 and Rs. 900
from if his income is Rs. 5,000, find x%.
a.20% b. 15% c. 25% d. None of these
6. A dealer buys dry fruits at Rs. 100, Rs.
80 and Rs. 60 per kilogram. He mixes them in the ratio 3 : 4 : 5 by weight, and
sells at a profit of 50%. At what price per kilogram does he sell the dry
a. Rs 80 b. Rs 100 c. Rs 95 d. None of these
7. Fresh grapes contain 90% water while dry
grapes contain 20% water. What is the weight of dry grapes obtained from 20 kg
a. 2 kg b. 2.5 kg c. 2.4 kg d. None of these
8. An express train travelling at 80 km/hr
overtakes a goods train, twice as long and going at 40 km/hr on a parallel
track, in 54 s. How long will the express train take to cross a platform of 400
a. 36 s b. 45 s c. 27 s d. None of these.
9. A student instead of finding the value of 7/8 of a
number, found the value of 7/18 of the number. If his answer differed from the
actual one by 770, find the number.
a. 1584 b. 2520 c. 1728 d. 1656
10. P and Q are two positive integers such that PQ =
64. Which of the following cannot be the value of P + Q?
a. 20 b. 65 c. 16 d. 35
To get fresh updates about MBA exams on your Facebook
& Twitter timelines, subscribe to our pages created specifically for them.
We will post only exam specific links on these pages: