The newly established MYRA School of Business in Mysore, Karnataka, is one of the latest additions to the list of premier management education institutions in India. MYRA was born out of the need to redesign management education in the country and groom the leaders of tomorrow. Keeping in mind the rapid economic development in emerging markets, as well as an increasingly integrated global world, our programme is designed to address current and future economic challenges, explains Prof. Rajiv K. Sinha, Dean of MYRA.
Established by renowned academics with a profound appreciation for education, MYRA offers a two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management. With an eminent Governing Board to guide the institutions strategic direction, and distinguished global faculty who take learning to a whole new level, MYRA promises to be in a class of its own.
Rethinking the model of education from the ground up, has meant infusing fresh perspectives and thinking from some of the best minds in academia. Our intention is to bring a blend of Indian and western perspectives and methods of teaching to add intellectual diversity in the classroom. With a stellar line-up of renowned professors from top-ranked global and Indian institutions this will now truly be possible, says Prof. Shalini Urs, MYRA mentor.
The MYRA pedagogy based on an experiential learning model, allows for deeper understanding of subject matter. (Listen to Dr. Matthew Barney, Director, Infosys Leadership Institute talk about experiential learning at the MYRA Round Table). The programme pedagogy is created to provide a dynamic learning experience. The curriculum is designed with a focus on live case studies, practicums that bring real-world challenges into the classroom, and internship opportunities that ensure students are industry-ready when they graduate, states Prof. Rajiv K. Sinha.
Spread over ten acres of terraced land with avant-garde architecture, the MYRA campus, transcends the boundaries of traditional education, providing a vibrant environment to promote fresh thinking and exchange of ideas. With world-class facilities such as executive classrooms, 24/7 library, cafe, amphitheatre, gym and health club, volleyball and basketball courts, golf and horse-riding, Wi-Fi enabled campus, and other modern amenities, MYRA Business School is set to be one of the top business schools in India by providing a holistic and dynamic learning experience.
Individuals who serve on the MYRA Governing Board:
- Andrew Atzert, Chief Operating Officer, Aresty Institute of Executive Education, Wharton School.
- Prof. Fatima Barros, Dean of Catolica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics, Catholic University of Portugal.
- Prof. Noshir Contractor, Director, Science of Networks in Communities, Kellogg School of Business.
- Tony Kirton, CEO and Partner, Neurozone CC, South Africa.
- Nicki Mehra, Managing Director, Headstrong Corporation, USA.
- Dr. Sunil Sharma, Director-International Monetary Fund (IMF) Regional Training Institute, Singapore.
- M. N. Vidyashankar, IAS, Principle Secretary to Government, E-Governance, Department of IT, BT and S&T.;
- Pavan Sukhdev, Founder-CEO, GIST Advisory, Dorothy McCluskey Fellow, Yale University.
- Prof. Shalini Urs, Executive Director, International School of Information Management, University of Mysore, India.
Academics who are part of the core MYRA faculty:
- Prof. Giles Atkinson, Economics/Sustainability, London School of Economics.
- Prof. Sridhar Bharath, Finance, Arizona State University.
- Prof. Bopaya Bidanda, Operations, University of Pittsburgh.
- Prof. Amrita Dhillon, Economics, University of Warwick.
- Prof. Shrimathy Gopalakrishnan, Quantitative Business Analysis, Arizona State University.
- Prof. Mohan Gopalakrishnan, Operations Management, Arizona State University.
- Prof. Sanjay Gupta, Accounting, Michigan State University.
- Dr. Yasmin Ibrahim, Queen Mary School of Business and Management, University of London.
- Prof. MinuIpe, Leadership/Ethics, Arizona State University.
- Prof. Balaji Koka, Management/Strategy, Rice University.
- Prof. H. Raghav Rao, Management Information Systems, School of Management, University at Buffalo.
- Prof. Raghu Santanam, Information Systems, Arizona State University.
- Prof. Rajiv K. Sinha, Dean and Professor of Marketing, MYRA School of Business.
- Prof. S. Nayana Tara, Public Systems Management, IIM Bangalore.
- Prof. Wolfgang Ulag, Services Management, IMD Switzerland.
- Prof. Susheela Venkataraman, Globalization and International Business, MYRA School of Business.
With a strong commitment by the founders to rethink business fundamentals and redesign management education by focusing on the triple bottom line based on economic, ecological and social values MYRA is set to revolutionize the way business education is designed and delivered in India.
Note: This is a sponsored article and has NOT been written by the PaGaLGuY Editorial Team. It is intended from an informational perspective only and it is upto the readers to research and verify the claims and judgements in the article before reaching a conclusion.