According to a notification released by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) on November 16, 2016, MPSC will conduct a common entrance exam to recruit suitable candidates to the posts of Police Sub Inspector (PSI), Sales Tax Inspector (STI), and Assistant Section Officer (ASI). The new pattern is scheduled to be implemented from the year 2017 and will replace three competitive exams that are conducted by MPSC
Important points from the notification
- Common exam to be conducted from 2017 onwards.
- Exam to be conducted in two steps – Preliminary and Mains.
- Candidates will be allowed to give preferences for the posts.
- The syllabus for the preliminary exam will remain the same.
- MPSC to conduct separate Mains exam for PSI, STI, and ASO
- Syllabus for the Mains exam to remain unchanged
For official notification released by MPSC on November 16 ,2016, click here
MPSC is a Constitutional body established under Article 315 of Constitution of India. It conducts various competitive exams to recruits suitable candidates for administrative posts in Government of Maharashtra.
For Current Affairs Monthly Magazine for MPSC exams, click here