The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra has declared the online application process open for the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) 2017.MHT-CET is a common entrance test conducted by Maharashtra State for admission to professional courses like engineering and pharmacy undergraduate courses in state colleges across the state. The test is thus for B.E/B.Tech and B.Pharma/Pharma.D courses.
DTE has released a notification declaring the application process open. Here is the timeline:
|Online registration and confirmation of application||Feb 14 to Mar 23|
|Application with late fee of Rs 500/-||Mar 24 to Mar 30|
|Issue of admit card||Apr 24 to May 5|
|Exam date||May 11|
|Declaration of results||June 4|
- For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant, a fee of Rs 800/- is to be paid through online mode only.
- Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only, the fee to be paid is Rs 600/- through online mode only.
Important instructions candidates must keep in mind are:
- All candidates should necessarily Register & Confirm the Online Application Form through candidate login by himself/herself on the website.
- Applications sent by Post/Courier etc., are not accepted. Applications can be submitted only through the official website.
- No documents are required to be submitted at the stage of registration for CET. Original documents are required for verification only during the Centralised Admission Process (CAP).
There are three papers which students have to attempt (one and a half hours each):
- Paper I – This paper have two section – Physics and Chemistry of 50 marks each.
- Paper II – This paper will be on Maths of 100 marks each.
- Paper III – This paper will be on Biology of 100 marks each.
Merit list for engineering courses will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Maths papers.
Merit list for pharmacy courses will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by candidates in all three papers. To apply online for MHT-CET 2017, click here.
Candidates who need a scribe have to fill a form. For the scribe form, click here.