In a Live Chat with users of PaGaLGuY.com on 28th Nov 2018, XLRI representatives answered the users’ queries regarding upcoming XAT 2019 examination. The aspirants asked various queries right from the issues while filling the form to testing partner for XAT 2019. The most common question was based on negative marking for unattempted question. participants also asked queries relating to GK and essay section and XAT 2019 paper pattern.
Excerpt from the Live Chat 2018:
- Question: Do we have sectional time limits? If yes how much will be allotted to each? As the total time is 3 hours and there are 4 sections
XAT Official: There is no sectional time limit. Over all 3 hrs is given for the exam. A candidate can move to any section any time to complete the exam.
- Question: GK Marks would be considered for first stage shortlisting? As in calculating the overall percentiles for giving out the shortlists?Or would they be just considered during GDPI stage?
XAT Official: They will be considered during GDPI.
- Question: Hi ! Can u tell me the exact no of questions that will be paper pattern ( No of questions per section)How will negative marking be calculated for unattempted questions ( up to how many questions will there be no negative marking for unattempted questions)Since it is only a 1 part test will there will be negative marking for General Awareness.Also for unattempted questions will you include unattempted questions in GA section as well.
XAT Official: The paper pattern remains same as last year. For GK there will be no negative marking.
- Question: Who has XLRi tied up with as the testing partners for XAT 2019? For the first Online XAT 2018, it was SIFY and at many exam centres, the network had many technical failures leading to poor performance of many candidates.Can we expect that the testing partners for this year might be reliable and would have standard testing interface unlike SIFY’s last year non standard one?
XAT Official: TCS is our online partner. All measures are taken for the smooth conduct of the test.
- Question: Can we switch between the sections at any time in the exam?
XAT Official: Yes, you can switch sections any time.
- Question: How many questions will be exempt from penalty for un-attempted questions?
XAT Official: Kindly wait for the pattern to be announced regarding number of questions.
- Question: Last year percentile cut off for an interview call please?
XAT Official: BM -94 percentile, HRM -92 percentile, GMP- 68percentile
- Question: Please share new changes that we students might be unaware of.Like last year there was a change in cutoffs for girl student and boy student, presumably on the account of diversity. I welcome this move by XL.Please do share any progress related changes in cutoffs or say maybe on the similar lines if there would be different cutoffs for XL programs based on Bachelors education stream etc. The reason to ask, is we do not wish to keep anything on the ‘surprises’ or ‘shock’ value when it comes to XL. Thanks
XAT Official: As already mentioned a week before the exam, the changes will be announced if there are any.
- Question: Will GK be included with the main exam this time? I am asking this because the exam time is given as 10 am to 1 pm and there is no mention of a separate exam after that
XAT Official: Yes, GK is included in main exam. There will be only one part.
- Question: What would be the weightage given to different components such as XAT score, academics, work ex in the final conversion?
XAT Official: The weightage remains as last year.
- Question: Will there be any official mock for XAT 2019?
XAT Official: Yes, a week before the exam mock will be provided.
- Question: Will there be any negative marking for General Awareness questions (for incorrect/ unattempted questions)?
XAT Official: There will be no negative marking for GK.
- Question: Will GK be included in the overall percentile calculation or will it be given separately?
XAT Official: Same as last year.
- Question: Is it possible to edit the XAT application once submitted?
XAT Official: The form once submitted cannot be edited, you can write to email@example.com for any corrections.
- Question: Is there any change in overall pattern as compared to the last year’s exam?
XAT Official: The pattern remains the same, essay is only eliminated
- Question: Experience will be considered for one-year flagship course. Will GMAT Score and high XAT cut offs be considered for one-year programme?
XAT Official: For GMP a minimum of 5 years of work experience is required. An Indian can also apply through XAT/GMAT.
- Question: sir, will extra time be provided to pwd (person with disability) candidates in the XAT 2019 exam, are there any rules or guidelines regarding the same for pwd category candidates
XAT Official: Only visually handicapped people are provided extra time.
- Question: Can the ex-link students possibly be conducting more events related to XAT examination prep for making XAT a more level playing field for students from non-engineering background? if possible, kindly do consider this as a polite request to hold more regular events till XAT for the prep. To ensure more varied perspectives in the classroom of tomorrow, this would help them overcome the troublesome engineer-quant duo and secure the shortlist. Thank you!
XAT Official: The request will be surely taken care off..