Joint Entrance Exam or JEE, is one of the most popular entrance exams in India. From 2019 onwards, JEE Main Exam will be conducted twice every year, January and April. Candidates who wish to secure admission to the top engineering colleges in India must appear for this examination. Only those candidates who are able to clear the JEE Main paper will be allowed to appear for the JEE Advanced exam to be conducted in the month of June 2019. The exhaustive syllabus for JEE Main could be intimidating at first. It is not easy for students to prepare for both the board exams and JEE Main simultaneously. But if proper planning is done, it is not very difficult to crack the JEE Main 2019. Candidates must have confidence in their ability and willing to work hard to be successful in their quest. They key to success is to start early and give the final push to the preparation efforts during the last month.
Preparation Strategy for JEE Main 2019
Before candidates give final push to their JEE Mains 2019 preparation, there are certain points they need to make sure are covered.
- Candidates must have the complete knowledge about the syllabus for JEE Main 2019.
- Candidates must identify the chapters which need maximum efforts and then plan a schedule accordingly.
- Candidates must stick to the syllabus prescribed by JEE Main conducting board. There is no need to go beyond the prescribed syllabus.
- Due attention must be paid to the NCERT books and all the problems must be practiced.
- There is no better preparation than to solve question papers. Candidates must try and solve various question papers to be able to handle any types of problems in the JEE Mains 2019.
- There is no need to feel shy. It is obvious that one will have doubts and must seek their answers.
- Candidates must dedicate more than 8 hours of their day for the preparations.
- There is no point leaving any chapter in between. Candidates must move to the next chapter only after finishing the current chapter.
- A healthy daily routine is a must. Proper die, some exercise and adequate sleep are also important.
Subject wise Preparation Strategy for the final one month before JEE Main 2019
JEE Main 2019 tests the ability of candidates in three different subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It is ideal for the candidates to allocate time slots as per personal preference The details about the syllabus can be accessed from /jee-main/syllabus.
It must be remembered that not all candidates can follow a universal strategy. Every exam preparation strategy has to be personalised according to one’s aptitude in individual subjects.
The most important chapters have been listed below on a subject-wise basis: –
- Physics: – Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Oscillation and Waves, and Atom and Nuclei
- Chemistry: – Biomolecules and polymers, Chemical Bonding, Coordination compounds, Thermodynamics and Heat, and organic compounds containing oxygen
- Mathematics: – Trigonometry, Permutation and combination, Coordinate Geometry, Integration, and Probability.
How to use the mock tests to their full
It is important for candidates to have a proper preparation strategy in place to increase the chances of clearing JEE Main 2019 exam: –
- JEE Main 2019 will be conduced through online mode. It is ideal for candidates to practice mock tests on a regular basis.
- Attempt many mock tests to enhance the speed and accuracy.
- Candidates must analyse the questions they answered wrongly in the mock test and understand where they went wrong. This will help to avoid the same mistakes during the JEE 2019 Main exam.
- JEE Main syllabus and question pattern will not change. Candidates must focus on the ability to solve questions and not worry about the examination pattern.
Things to avoid during the last month of JEE 2019 Main preparation
As important it is for candidates to prepare for the JEE 2019 Main exam according to a planned strategy, there are certain practices that must be avoided as well.
- Candidates must not leave anything for tomorrow. If there is any doubt or question, it must be handled immediately. Creating a backlog is not going to help.
- Coaching is no magic wand. Candidates must not be too dependent on coaching. Self-study is the most important aspect of preparation for JEE 2019 Main.
- It is not important to study all day long. Breaks are equally important to ensure good health and improve the concentration.
- Do not avoid the school board examinations entirely. They carry 40% weightage in the final score.
For more information about he dates, syllabus, registration and other details related to JEE 2019 Mains, please explore /jee-main.