Jawaharlal Nehru University, famously known as JNU, is one of the most reputed educational institutes of India. Numerous students apply for admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university every year. An entrance exam is conducted by the JNU to select the candidates for admission into various courses. Students are offered admission based on the marks they score in the examination. Therefore, it is important for interested candidates to fill the online application form for JNU Admission 2020 through the official website of the University.
There is the option of filling in the application form and submitting it through post as well. For JNU Admission 2020, the university is expected to issue a notification soon. JNU Admission 2020 entrance examination will be conducted for 1065 seats along with additional 1080 seats for MPhil and PhD. The examination will be conducted in collaboration with National Testing Agency through a Computer Based Test.
Important Dates for JNU Admission 2020
Candidates who are interested in pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses at JNU must note the following important dates: –
- Availability of Application Forms : from 2nd March 2020
- Last date for online registration : 31st March 2020
- Last date for payment of examination fees : 2nd week of April 2020
- Correction window for application forms : 3rd week of April 2020
- Issuing Admit Cards : from 21st April 2020
- Entrance Examination : 11th to 14th May 2020
- Result Announcement : 31st May 2020
Important points while applying for JNU Admission 2020
Here are the important steps that candidates must follow while applying for JNU Admission 2020 online: –
- Candidates can select a maximum of three fields of study while filling the application form.
- Scanned image and signature must be uploaded in the prescribed format and within the prescribed size limit. The maximum resolution of the photograph should be 150 x 200 pixels, and the size should be between 20-50 kb. The size of the signature file should be between 10-20 kb.
- While applying for JNU Admission 2020 online, there is no need to send a printed copy of the application form to the university.
- Candidates must check the University website regularly for important announcements regarding admission.
About JNU Admission 2020 Exam
The examination for JNU Admission 2020 will be conducted in collaboration with NTA. It will be a LAN based CBT (Computer Based Test). The total duration of the test will be 3 hours with multiple-choice questions. Maximum marks for the test are 100 with no negative marking. The medium of examination will be English. University has set up examination centres across all major cities of India where students must take the exam.
Candidates need to complete the application process in five steps for JNU Admission 2020, i.e. Online registration, filling the application form, uploading documents and images, and payment of application fee.