Here’s a reminder for all those planning to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main in January 2020 that the online application portal for the process is set to shut down on the 30th of September 2019. So, all those who still haven’t applied but are willing to must do so at the earliest before the given deadline. JEE Main is one of the most important national level competitive examinations for securing admission into National Engineering colleges and institutions of great repute.
From 2019 onwards, the onus for conducting the JEE Main exam has been given to the National Testing Agency (NTA) which is a government body that has been entrusted with the task of conducting entrances and other such examinations for students in higher-level educational institutions across the country. The NTA has therefore set 30th September as the deadline for the application process which has to be adhered to.
|Applications Open JEE Main 2020||3rd September 2019|
|Applications Close JEE Main 2020||30th September 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||6th December 2019|
|Exam Date||6th January 2020 – 11th January 2020|
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for JEE Main Exam Discussion
The application portal had been opened by NTA for online registration and applications on the 3rd of September 2019, earlier this month. All those who are yet to apply can quickly do so on their official website which is www.jeemain.nta.nic.in. Given below is a series of quick steps to take you through the online application procedure-
- Step 1- Log on to the official website of JEE Main, which is jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Step 2- On the home page, you will find an option flashing “Fill online application form”. Click on it.
- Step 3- On the new page that appears, find the link to register yourselves. Before filling up the application form, registration is mandatory.
- Step 4- Mention whatever details are needed at the time of registration and generate a password. Make a note of it as it will be needed for further procedures.
- Step 5- You can now fill up the application form with the relevant details required. Make sure you do so very carefully. Mistakes in the form can be very problematic ahead.
- Step 6- You will be required to upload pictures of your passport size photograph and signature in specific formats that will be mentioned along with other documents that might be asked for.
- Step 7- Finally, the most crucial step after form submission is the payment of application fees online. Options shall be provided, and you may select whatever is suitable for you.
- Step 8- Download and print the receipt of the payment as it will be useful for verification and other things later. There will also be an acknowledgement slip which has to be printed and produced in future too.
Do not forget to check the eligibility requirements before applying. The examination is slated to be held between the 6th and 11th of January 2020 and admit cards for the same are supposed to be out by the 6th of December 2019 on the mentioned official website itself from where the applicants may easily download it.