The National Testing Agency, NTA, which is the agency responsible for conducting JEE (Main) examination, recently published the schedule for the JEE (Main) examination on its official website. As per the previous announcement on the website, registrations for JEE Main 2020 examinations were to start from 2nd September 2019.
Though the registration procedure did not start today. A new notice which has been posted on the official website of NTA, the registration procedure will now commence from 3rd September 2019. In order to apply for the JEE (main) 2020, candidates must log-on to the official website, i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in.
The registration link for the JEE (Main) January 2020, will be made active by the National Testing Agency and will be placed on the official website of the agency, i.e. www.nta.ac.in. Interested candidates who wish to appear for the JEE (Main) 2020 examination must complete the registration process latest by 30th September 2019, as the registration link will be removed from the website after this date. The examination will be held between 6th January 202 and 11th January 2020 for which the admit cards will be made available in the month of December.
How to apply for JEE (Main) 2020 Exam
Candidates interested in appearing for the JEE (Main) January 2020, need to follow the below-mentioned steps for registration.
- Visit the official website of National Testing Agency i.e. nta.ac.in
- Browse to the “JEE Main 2020 Registration” section.
- Now, locate the link for NTA JEE Main 2020 Registration and click on it.
- A new window will open where you will need to enter all your relevant details as well as upload the necessary documents.
- Before clicking on the “Submit” button, cross-check all the information that you have entered. Once, you are satisfied, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will now be able to see your registration number and password on the screen. Note it down carefully and if possible, also save it as a PDF on your system for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE (Main) 2020
- Age: – There is no age limit applicable to candidates appearing for JEE (Main) 2020. All candidates who have passed their class XII examinations in 2019,2020, or appearing for the same in 2021, can appear for JEE (main) 2020.
- Marks: – Candidates must have scored at least 75% marks in their Class XII exams or must be amongst the top 20 percentile of their respective board to be eligible for JEE (Main) 2020. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have scored at least 65% marks to be eligible.
JEE(Main) is conducted by National Testing Agency twice every year. It is essentially a screening cum eligibility examination for admission into various engineering and technological institutes across the country. The best score obtained by the candidate in the examination is considered for the purpose of examination.