The countdown for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2016 has begun. Approximately two lakh candidates will take the exam onMay 22, 2016, to secure a seat in one of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines.
This year around, IIT Guwahati is organising the exam and the Institute has released a list of important instructions to be followed by students.
1. Dress Code: A candidate should remove all sorts of jewellery before entering the examination centre. It includes all types of metallic objects including rings, lockets, bracelets, etc. A student should avoid wearing a full sleeve dress for the exam. Only T-shirts or kurtas are allowed. A candidate should take care of the footwear as well. Shoes and high heels should be avoided and a candidate is allowed to wear flip-flops and sandals or floaters.
2. Stationery Items: A candidate can carry small erasers, transparent black ball point pens, pencils to the centre. However, no electronic devices will be allowed, which includes calculators, phones, etc. There will be frisking at the entrance of examination hall.
3. Watch Out: A watch is not allowed inside the examination centre. Invigilators will announce the time for every half-an-hour during the test.
4. Be Before Time: A candidate must reach the examination centre well in advance to avoid any delay. And latecomers will not be allowed to enter the centre. The Paper I will start at 9 am, but candidates are advised to reach before 7.30 a.m. Similarly, for Paper II, which will begin at 2 p.m., candidates should be present at the centre before 1 p.m.
5. Attendance Issues: The attendance will be marked using biometric data (digital photo and fingerprints) inside the examination hall just before the test starts for both sessions. Biometric data collection will begin inside the examination halls at 7.30 a.m. for Paper I and at 1 p.m. for Paper II.
A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination. The original admit card will be issued to the candidate during the Paper I examination. This original admit card must be retained safely till all the formalities of admission are complete.
If applicants find any problem concerning their admit cards, they can mention it in the comments section below and we will get back with the solution.