Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy.
The Indian Navy was founded in 1612 to protect the British Merchant shipping in the region. Indian Navy has now released notification for hiring of candidates to the post of Sailor for August 2020 batch.
Those ale candidates who are eligible and are unmarried can apply for the same on the official website: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 8th of November 2019. The last date for the submission of the application is on 18th of November 2019.
Indian Navy Sailors are a part of the main workforce in the Indian Navy and hence is a good career option for Secondary and Senior Secondary qualified candidates.
A total of around 2700 vacancies have been notified out of which 2200 vacancies are for Indian Navy SSR (Senior Secondary Recruit) and about 500 are for Indian Navy AA (Artificer Apprentice).
Important dates to keep in mind:
|Starting date of application||8th of November 2019|
|Last date||18th of November 2019|
The vacancy details can be given as follows:
- Sailor: Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) has 2200 posts
- Sailor: Artificer Apprentice (AA) has 500 posts
The salary details can be given as follows:
- During the starting training period. A stipend of 14,600 rupees per month will be given
- Once the candidates finish the training period, they will be placed in level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix where an amount of about 21,700 to 69,100 rupees will be given. They will also be given an additional 5,200 rupees per month.
The eligibility criteria can be given as follows:
- Artificer Apprentice (AA): candidate must possess a 12th pass certificate with 60% or more with maths and physics and at least one of the subjects: Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Sciences from the Board of School Education recognised by MHRD, Government of India.
- Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR): candidate should possess a 12th pass certificate with maths and physics and at least one of the subjects: Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Sciences from the Board of School Education recognised by MHRD, Government of India.
Selection Process for Indian Navy Sailor Posts
Selection of recruits is dependent on State wise merit of their performance in Computer based examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical examination.
Steps to apply for Indian Navy Sailor Posts Job 2019
- Step 1: Before starting to fill in the form, keep both 10th and 12th standard certificates ready
- Step 2: Register on joinindiannavy.gov.in with email id, if it has not already been registered.
- Step 3: Log in with the registered email and click on ‘Current Opportunities’
- Step 4: Click on the apply button
- Step 5: Fill the form with necessary details and check the form before clicking on the submit button.
- Step 6: Online applications will be checked at all stages and will be removed if it is ineligible at any stage.