In our previous articles on the Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination, we took a quick look at the exam, its structure and syllabus, among other things. In this article, let us try to know more about the Posts/Services to which recruitments are made on the basis of this exam.
As per the UPSC Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination notification 2015, selected candidates will be recruited in Junior Time Scales for the
Indian Economic Service
Indian Statistical Service
Service and Responsibility:
The Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service are administrative services under Grade ‘A’ of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India. The objective of instituting these services was to render economic advice, economic administration, implementation of development policy and programmes, besides dealing with other areas such as economic reforms, regulation, price fixation, and monitoring and evaluation in the country.
For the post of Junior Time Scale/ Asst. Director/ Research Officer, the remuneration is in pay band – 3, with a monthly income of Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5,400 among other allowances.
Candidates selected to these services undergo a comprehensive probationary training comprising the Foundation course (conducted for the All India Services and the Central Civil Services), at the Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, and training at various reputed national level institutes across the country.
The following is the list of grades and designations in these services, arranged in order from the highest to the lowest:
1. Higher Administrative Grade + Principal or Chief Economic Adviser
2. Higher Administrative Grade (HAG)/ Senior Economic Adviser/ Senior Adviser
3. Senior Administrative Grade (SAG)/ Economic Adviser/ Adviser
4. Junior Administrative Grade (JAG)/ Joint Director/ Deputy Economic Adviser
5. Senior Time Scale (STS)/ Deputy Director/ Assistant Economic Adviser/ Senior Research Officer
6. Junior Time Scale (JTS)/ Assistant Director/ Research Officer
For additional information, refer to the Indian Economic service/ Indian Statistical service examination 2015: